Bob is the Managing Partner of Reminger's Cincinnati office. He has developed an extremely diverse practice in the areas of civil and business litigation, primarily focused on the representation of medical and non-medical professionals (including lawyers, accountants, real estate, insurance and financial professionals); entrepreneurs and business owners; officers and directors; property owners and managers; product designers, manufacturers, distributors and retailers; non-profits; architects, engineers and contractors; private and commercial motorists and transportation companies; and various other individuals and businesses involved in disputes which are often complex and involve catastrophic damages.
Bob also has far reaching experience with respect to claims for personal injury, malpractice, professional liability, wrongful death, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud/misrepresentation, trademark infringement, discrimination, civil rights, premises liability, automobile/trucking liability, business/partnership dissolution, and various other tort, contract and statutory matters.
Having handled to conclusion approximately 1,000 civil lawsuits in various state and federal courts across Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, Bob has first-chaired more than 30 jury trials and approximately 60 arbitrations. He has also favorably disposed of numerous cases by way of dispositive motion and has successfully briefed and argued numerous meritorious appeals, including two cases which were heard by the Ohio Supreme Court.
Administratively, Bob serves as Chair of the firm's General Casualty and Drug and Medical Device Practice Groups. He is also a practice area leader in several of the firm's additional practice groups.
Outside of the firm, Bob is a member of numerous state and federal bar associations and civil defense organizations. He graduated from the Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL) in 2009 and remains active in that organization. He is a former adjunct professor at Chase School of Law where he assisted with the national trial advocacy team.
Honors & Recognitions
Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Product Liability Litigation – Defendants and Litigation - Insurance
Recognized as a Cincy Leading Lawyer by Cincy Magazine
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Community & Professional
Ohio State Bar Association
Cincinnati Bar Association
Ohio Academy of Civil Trial Attorneys
Kentucky Bar Association
Northern Kentucky Bar Association
Defense Research Institute
Claims and Litigation Management
- Aug 2022, DismissalSouthern District of Ohio
Succesfully defended big-box retailer in a premises liability case alleging active negligence of employee.
- Feb 10, 2022, Summary Judgment Granted6th Circuit Court of Appeals
Medical negligence and constitutional deliberate indifference claims were asserted in connection with the death of an inmate at a county jail. It was alleged that the inmate developed endocarditis as a result of IV drug use prior to booking and that it was not timely recognized or treated. After significant discovery, summary judgment was rendered as to all federal claims by the U.S. District Court on behalf of the named medical providers and correctional staff. An appeal was taken to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, which affirmed.
- Sep 4, 2019, Summary Judgment GrantedU.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
Defense of federal civil rights action arising from jail suicide.
- Sep 29, 2017, Motion for Summary Judgment and Permanent InjunctionHamilton
- Jun 30, 2017, Summary Judgment Affirmed
Defense of wrongful death dram shop liability claim against bar/restaurant arising from fatal head-on automobile accident
- Jan 25, 2017, Summary JudgmentButler County
Plaintiff alleged to have slipped and fell as a result of a wet floor, alleging significant injuries and surgical repair and rehabilitation
- Jan 4, 2017, Affirmance of District Court’s DismissalU.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
Estate of James Barton vs. Hamilton County, NaphCare, et al.
Federal civil rights, medical malpractice and wrongful death action brought against Hamilton County jail, corrections officers and medical staff related to death of an inmate while in custody
- Jul 10, 2015, Finding For DefendantHamilton
Arbitration defense of commercial services dispute
- May 22, 2015, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedWarren
Defense of legal malpractice liability claims
- Feb 6, 2015, Judgment Affirmed2nd Appellate Dist
Steven Gregory vs. Towne Properties & Park Lane Apartments
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in premises multiple family apartment complex.
- Dec 24, 2014, Judgment Affirmed1st Appellate Dist
Hustler Cincinnati. Inc. v. Elm 411, LLC
Defendant appeals adverse trial court judgment awarding Plaintiff attorney fees.
- Nov 24, 2014, Injunction grantedHamilton
Prosecution of injunction action against International Union regarding flash mobs.
- Nov 14, 2014, Judgment Affirmed1st Appellate Dist
V.R., a minor, et al. v. Cincinnati Hamilton County Community Action Agency
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in multiple housing landlord tenant personal injury claim
- Sep 5, 2014, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedMontgomery
Premises liability claim arising from an injury sustained by a paper delivery man as a result of a stairwell that broke at a residential apartment complex.
- Mar 27, 2014, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedHamilton
Defense of a non-profit agency in general tort personal injury claim
- Apr 22, 2013, Defense VerdictHamilton
Defense of multiple commercial claim eviction action
- Mar 21, 2013, Judgment AffirmedU.S. District Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
Choices in Community Living, et al. v. Michael Petkus, Jr., et al.
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in favor of real estate agent in claim of fair housing act disability discrimination case
- May 2, 2012, Favorable OutcomeHamilton
Defense of physical fitness products liability personal injury claim.
- May 9, 2011, Judgment AffirmedWarren
Leonard Brown v. Philadelphia Indemnity Insurance Co.
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment on single vehicle uninsured motorist claim alleging “corroborative evidence.”
- Apr 30, 2010, Judgment Affirmed1st Appellate Dist
William Caruso v. National City Mortgage Company, et al,
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment against real estate appraisal on alleged negligent misrepresentation
- Jul 26, 2009, Defense VerdictUSDC, Western KY
Defense of architect & engineer malpractice case
- Oct 29, 2008, Defense VerdictHamilton
Defense of public entity liability personal injury claim based on alleged food poisoning (Phily Ins.)
- Mar 16, 2008, Finding For DefendantKenton Circuit Court, Kentucky
Arbitration defense of real estate property transfer dispute.
(CAU Insurance Co.)
- Mar 7, 2008, Defense VerdictClark
Defense of commercial premises liability personal injury claim.
- Jul 24, 2007, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedClermont
The Court of Common pleas held that: i) law of the case doctrine did not apply to preclude entry of summary judgment for employer's insurer
- Mar 7, 2007, Judgment for PlaintiffHamilton
Defense of intellectual property trademark and copyright infringement injunctive and damage case.
- Aug 19, 2021
- Feb 2021
- Press Release, Aug 20, 2020
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2019
- Press Release, May 7, 2019
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2018
- Press Release, Oct 7, 2014
- Cincinnati Enquirer, Apr 22, 2013
- Press Release, Feb 1, 2013
- Press Release, Dec 17, 2012
- WCPO-TV Channel 9 Cincinnati, OH, Apr 13, 2012
- Cincy Magazine, Apr 1, 2012
- Cincinnati Enquirer, Feb 22, 2012
- Press Release, Jan 6, 2012
- Press Release, Dec 16, 2011
- Cincinnati Business Courier, Nov 7, 2011
- ABCnews.go.com via World News, Oct 21, 2011
- Nuances in the Application of Common Premises Liability Rules by Ohio, Indiana, KentuckyNewtown, PA, Aug 11, 2017
- Landowner Liability For Criminal Acts: Risk Management for an Unstable WorldNew York, NY, Oct 14, 2016
- The New Ethics Requirement for Ohio Lawyers, Cincinnati Bar Association CLECincinnati, Ohio, Apr 20, 2007
- Store Owner Door Operator has no duty to warn customers using motorized carts regarding dangers inherent their use.Published case: JanetM. Johnson v. Wal-Mart Stores East, LP 2014-Ohio-2998, Jul 3, 2014
- Cincy Magazine April 2012, Apr 1, 2012
- Mar 23, 2020
- Feb 4, 2020
- Immune, Not Forgotten: Ohio’s First District Holds Immune Employer Can Be Used as an “Empty Chair” When Considering Apportionment of FaultAug 13, 2019
- Jan 9, 2019
- Mar 6, 2018
- Dec 5, 2016
- Ohio Court Reaffirms The Duty And Liability Of An Owner To An Independent Contractor Involving An Inherently Dangerous CircumstanceNov 2, 2016
- Mar 29, 2016
- Oct 20, 2015
- Indiana Supreme Court Refuses to Expand Bystander Recovery in Claims of Negligent Infliction of Emotional DistressOct 19, 2015
- Jun 9, 2015
- Kentucky Joins Majority of Jurisdictions by Holding that UIM Claims Accrue When the Insurer Denies an Insured’s ClaimSep 2, 2014
- Professional Liability
- Financial Services Professional Liability
- Architects and Engineers / Construction Liability
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate & General Business
- Directors and Officers (D&O) Liability Defense
- Drug and Medical Device
- Employment Practices Defense
- General Liability/Surplus Risks
- Governmental/Public Entity Liability
- Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith
- Intellectual Property/E-Commerce and Cyber Risk
- Legal Professional Liability
- Long-Term Care Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Miscellaneous Professional Liability
- Products Liability
- Retail, Hospitality and Entertainment Facilities
- Securities Litigation
- Trucking and Commercial Transportation
JD, University of Dayton School of Law, cum laude, 1998
- National Trial Advocacy Team
BS, Gannon University, cum laude, 1995
- State of Ohio, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1999
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2010