- Family Law
J.D., University of Toledo College of Law, 1998
B.S., Ohio University,1995
- State of Ohio, 1999
- State of Michigan, 2005
- State of Texas, 2010
- State of West Virginia, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
I was told at an early age to never stop asking questions. This edict has served me well through life and particularly as an attorney. I ask questions to find practical solutions to my clients’ challenges and where solutions cannot be found outside of a courtroom, or other tribunal, my competitive nature seeks to convince the arbiter of the righteousness of my clients’ causes.
Randy joined Reminger as a partner in 2017 and practices out of the firm’s Toledo office, handling matters throughout Ohio and beyond. His practice is focused primarily on defense of medical and professional negligence cases, including long-term care facilities, hospitals, doctors, and nurses. Randy is a member of Reminger’s Medical Malpractice, Long-Term Care Liability, Legal Malpractice, D&O and Employment Practices Liability practice groups, and also assists clients involved in complex litigation and family law matters.
Randy previously served as an Assistant to the Ohio Attorney General in the Environmental Enforcement Section and was a partner of a northwest Ohio firm where he had a local and multi-state practice defending long-term care operators and the rail industry. While in law school, Randy served the late Honorable J. Ronald Bowman in the Lucas County, Ohio, Court of Common Pleas, which provided him the unique experience of seeing matters from the perspective of a trial court judge.
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Ohio State Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan
The West Virginia State Bar
State Bar of Texas
Toledo Bar Association
- Toledo Bar Association Grievance Committee
- Toledo Bar Association Pro Bono Board
Long-term care industry and practice groups
“Randy Engwert was fantastic in preparing our physician and asking the right questions. His expertise was evident and so appreciated."
- Shirley Ellis and Crystal Ellis v. ProMedica Goerlich Center and ProMedica Continuing Care ServicesOctober 3, 2017, Motion to Dismiss GrantedLucas
Defense of long term care wrongful death claim
- Press Release, September 15, 2017
- Discovery Complexities, Ownership Structures, and Nursing Home Defense MattersHCR Manor Care Annual Outside Summit, Detroit, MI, January 23, 2019