J.D., Case Western Reserve University Law School, 1999
B.A., John Carroll University, 1996
- State of Ohio, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2000
I value the trust that my clients place in me. I strive to treat each matter as if it were my own and to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
Myra serves as a member of Reminger Co., LPA’s Management Group, Co-Chair of the Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith Practice Group, and Leader in the Workers’ Compensation Practice Group.
Myra advises employers in all aspects of their Workers’ Compensation programs and employment-related matters. She represents clients in administrative hearings before the Industrial Commission of Ohio and the adjudicating bodies of the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation. Myra also has extensive experience with Workers’ Compensation appeals into the Court of Common Pleas as well as vast appellate experience, including the handling of mandamus matters.
Myra also maintains a large docket of employment-related matters outside of Workers' Compensation, including the defense of employers from claims for wrongful termination, violations of Title VII and R.C. 4112, retaliation, and other statutory claims under the FLSA and FMLA.
Myra handles all aspects of insurance coverage issues from coverage opinions to litigation, as well as guidance in drafting policy language. She counsels, advises and defends clients in coverage and bad faith claims across the State of Ohio, including state and federal courts and appellate courts. She has filed and defended declaratory judgment actions and third party complaints. Myra also serves as General Counsel for a privately owned physician recruiting company.
Myra is a frequent author in professional journals and has presented at national seminars as well as at numerous educational seminars for both legal professionals and non-legal professionals in the areas of insurance coverage, tort reform, workers’ compensation, employment law, and general liability.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Cleveland Association of Civil Trial Attorneys
National Risk Retention Association
Self Insurers Group of Ohio (SIGO)
Sts. Peter and George Coptic Orthodox Church
-Board of Trustees Member, Secretary to the Board
- Avon Montessori v. ADG Partnership of Avon, et al.April 26, 2013, Each party walked away without liabilityLorain
Defense and counterclaims of commercial lease dispute
- Aaron Simmons v. Law Firm Name WithheldMarch 8, 2012, Summary JudgmentCuyahoga
Defense of legal malpractice claim
- Monica Jamison v. Attorney Name WithheldJanuary 18, 2012, Finding for Defense on summary judgmentCuyahoga
Defense of legal malpractice claim
- Charles J. Ozvath v. The Buckeye Union Insurance CompanyNovember 11, 2011, Reversed and Remanded2nd Appellate Dist
Defendant appealed adverse trial court’s finding of coverage of duty to defend and attorney fees.
- Charles Ozvath v. CNA Ins. Co.October 8, 2009, Favorable OutcomeMontgomery
Defense of coverage duty to defense claim.
- D. Cheryl Atwell, Andrew Dorman, John Patrick, Myra Barsoum Stockett Take on New ResponsibilitiesPress Release, July 25, 2014
- Myra Barsoum Stockett Selected for the Ohio Women’s Bar Foundation Leadership Institute's 2014-2015 ClassPress Release, May 27, 2014
- Press Release, December 17, 2012
- Attorneys Myra Barsoum Stockett and Gregory Guice Weigh in on Court Rulings for Injured Workers in Cleveland Plain Dealer ArticleThe Plain Dealer, October 22, 2011
- Safe Ways to Call BS on Workers' Compensation ClaimsHB Fuller, Webinar, June 17, 2019
- Marijuana in the WorkplaceClaims and Litigation Management Alliance Workers’ Comp. Seminar, Chicago, IL, May 23, 2019
- The Wage Calculation Procedure for Ohio Workers’ Compensation ClaimsDollar General Workers’ Comp. Staff, Goodlettsville, TN, May 9, 2017
- Discussion of Lincoln Electric v. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. decisionCleveland Metropolitan Bar Assn. Insurance Law CLE, Cleveland, OH, June 7, 2016
- OSIA Conference-SponsorOhio Self Insured AssociationOSIA, Cincinnati, June 18, 2014
- Contract Review and Negotiations for the Hospital Physician. Cleveland Clinic Foundation MD residentsCleveland, OH, March 19, 2014
- Contract Negotiations for the Medical ProviderCleveland Clinic CME - Cleveland, OH, December 4, 2013
- Evolving Health Care Laws – What Every Practitioner Needs to Know - Cleveland Clinic Foundation Residents StaffCleveland, OH, May 19, 2011
- Choice of Law Analysis and Risk Retention Group Ability to Insure Against Punitive DamagesNational Risk Retention Association Annual Meeting - Washington, D.C., October 5, 2010
- Irrespective of multiple workers’ compensation claims, Industrial Commission has discretion to grant Permanent Total Disability without apportionmentPublished case: State ex. rel. Turner Construction Co. v. Industrial Commission of Ohio, 142 Ohio St.3d 310, 2015-Ohio-1202, June 7, 2015
- Head to Head Competition and Non-Compete AgreementsReminger Employment Practices Newsletter - Spring 2013, April 15, 2013
- Medical Practice Management Association (MGMA) Virtual Connexion March 2013, March 1, 2013
- Ozvath v. Buckeye Union Insurance Co. 196 Ohio App.3d 658, 2011-Ohio-5414, April 30, 2012
- Social Networking for EmployersEmployment Practices Group E-Newsletter - Summer 2011, July 1, 2011
- Trial of a Medical CaseCleveland Marshall Law School Course Syllabus - Summer 2011 - Cleveland, OH, February 1, 2011
- Reminger Client Monograph, January 3, 2011
- Reminger Attorney Referenced in Cleveland Plain Dealer Article About Verdict Challenging Ohio Law that Limits Employers’ Liability for Workplace InjuriesCleveland Plain Dealer, December 10, 2010
- Lineman’s lawsuit victory puts spotlight on 2005 lawCleveland Plain Dealer, December 9, 2010
- Fall 2010 Newsletter, October 14, 2010
- Last Injurious Exposure in the Occupational Disease ClaimOctober 14, 2010
- "What is the Right Way to Fire?"June 16, 2009
- The Operation of a Public Housing Authority is a Governmental Function within the Meaning of Ohio's Sovereign-Immunity Statutes.April 28, 2009
- When Can a Plaintiff Recover Attorney Fees in a Coverage CaseMarch 5, 2009
- March 1, 2009
- "Female Attorneys Breaking Barriers in Stride"Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association April Journal, April 1, 2008
- April 15, 2011
- The Operation of a Public Housing Authority is a Governmental Function within the Meaning of Ohio's Sovereign-Immunity StatutesApril 29, 2009
- January 18, 2007