Myra serves as a member of Reminger Co., LPA’s Management Group, Co-Chair of the Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith Practice Group, and Leader in the Workers’ Compensation Practice Group.
Myra advises employers in all aspects of their Workers’ Compensation programs and employment-related matters. She represents clients in administrative hearings before the Industrial Commission of Ohio and the adjudicating bodies of the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation. Myra also has extensive experience with Workers’ Compensation appeals into the Court of Common Pleas as well as vast appellate experience, including the handling of mandamus matters.
Myra also maintains a large docket of employment-related matters outside of Workers' Compensation, including the defense of employers from claims for wrongful termination, violations of Title VII and R.C. 4112, retaliation, and other statutory claims under the FLSA and FMLA.
Myra handles all aspects of insurance coverage issues from coverage opinions to litigation, as well as guidance in drafting policy language. She counsels, advises and defends clients in coverage and bad faith claims across the State of Ohio, including state and federal courts and appellate courts. She has filed and defended declaratory judgment actions and third party complaints. Myra also serves as General Counsel for a privately owned physician recruiting company.
Myra is a frequent author in professional journals and has presented at national seminars as well as at numerous educational seminars for both legal professionals and non-legal professionals in the areas of insurance coverage, tort reform, workers’ compensation, employment law, and general liability.
Honors & Recognitions
Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Insurance Law
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Community & Professional
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Cleveland Association of Civil Trial Attorneys
National Risk Retention Association
Self Insurers Group of Ohio (SIGO)
Sts. Peter and George Coptic Orthodox Church
-Board of Trustees Member, Secretary to the Board
- Nov 23, 2020, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedMahoning County Court, Ohio
Defense of worker’s compensation case wherein Claimant filed an appeal to a denial of right ear Eustachian tube dysfunction.
- Apr 26, 2013, Each party walked away without liabilityLorain
Defense and counterclaims of commercial lease dispute
- Mar 8, 2012, Summary JudgmentCuyahoga
Defense of legal malpractice claim
- Jan 18, 2012, Finding for Defense on summary judgmentCuyahoga
Defense of legal malpractice claim
- Nov 11, 2011, Reversed and Remanded2nd Appellate Dist
Charles J. Ozvath v. The Buckeye Union Insurance Company
Defendant appealed adverse trial court’s finding of coverage of duty to defend and attorney fees.
- Oct 8, 2009, Favorable OutcomeMontgomery
Defense of coverage duty to defense claim.
- Aug 19, 2021
- Press Release, Aug 20, 2020
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2019
- Press Release, Jul 25, 2014
- Myra Barsoum Stockett Selected for the Ohio Women’s Bar Foundation Leadership Institute's 2014-2015 ClassPress Release, May 27, 2014
- Press Release, Dec 17, 2012
- Attorneys Myra Barsoum Stockett and Gregory Guice Weigh in on Court Rulings for Injured Workers in Cleveland Plain Dealer ArticleThe Plain Dealer, Oct 22, 2011
- Webinar, Jun 2, 2020
- Medical Marijuana in the Workplace – Cutting Through the HazeChicago, IL, Sep 24, 2019
- Marijuana in the Workplace – What Employers Need to KnowNordonia, OH, Aug 22, 2019
- Appropriate Considerations and Strategy When Denying Workers' Compensation ClaimsWebinar, Jun 17, 2019
- Marijuana in the WorkplaceChicago, IL, May 23, 2019
- The Wage Calculation Procedure for Ohio Workers’ Compensation ClaimsGoodlettsville, TN, May 9, 2017
- Discussion of Lincoln Electric v. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. decisionCleveland Metropolitan Bar Assn. Insurance Law CLE, Cleveland, OH, Jun 7, 2016
- OSIA Conference-SponsorCincinnati, Jun 18, 2014
- Contract Review and Negotiations for the Hospital Physician. Cleveland Clinic Foundation MD residentsCleveland, OH, Mar 19, 2014
- Contract Negotiations for the Medical ProviderCleveland Clinic CME - Cleveland, OH, Dec 4, 2013
- Evolving Health Care Laws – What Every Practitioner Needs to Know - Cleveland Clinic Foundation Residents StaffCleveland, OH, May 19, 2011
- Choice of Law Analysis and Risk Retention Group Ability to Insure Against Punitive DamagesNational Risk Retention Association Annual Meeting - Washington, D.C., Oct 5, 2010
- Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith Client Newsletter, Apr 3, 2020
- Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith Newsletter, April 2020, Apr 3, 2020
- Irrespective of multiple workers’ compensation claims, Industrial Commission has discretion to grant Permanent Total Disability without apportionmentPublished case: State ex. rel. Turner Construction Co. v. Industrial Commission of Ohio, 142 Ohio St.3d 310, 2015-Ohio-1202, Jun 7, 2015
- Head to Head Competition and Non-Compete AgreementsReminger Employment Practices Newsletter - Spring 2013, Apr 15, 2013
- Head to Head CompetitionMedical Practice Management Association (MGMA) Virtual Connexion March 2013, Mar 1, 2013
- Ozvath v. Buckeye Union Insurance Co. 196 Ohio App.3d 658, 2011-Ohio-5414, Apr 30, 2012
- Social Networking for EmployersEmployment Practices Group E-Newsletter - Summer 2011, Jul 1, 2011
- Both High Court and Lawmakers Facing Important Decisions Regarding “Qualified Immunity” and Police Protection from Civil SuitsJun 10, 2020
- Jun 22, 2015
- Apr 15, 2011
- The Operation of a Public Housing Authority is a Governmental Function within the Meaning of Ohio's Sovereign-Immunity StatutesApr 29, 2009
- Jan 18, 2007