J. D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 1980
B.A., Wittenberg University, magna cum laude, 1977
- State of Ohio, 1980
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1980
In addition to having substantial expertise in employment law, I am recognized as a leading expert in the law regarding executive recruitment and staffing. I am always happy when my clients tell me that I think like a businessman.
Mike is the former Vice President and General Counsel of and now consultant to Management Recruiters International, Inc. (MRI), one of the world's largest executive recruitment and staffing organizations. In that capacity he developed substantial expertise in legal matters relating to both executive recruitment and staffing, and franchising.
His practice focuses on labor and employment and corporate and general business matters, including discrimination, wage and hour, employment relations, trade secret, and IP issues.
Mike has represented his clients before both federal and state trial and appellate courts, the American Arbitration Association, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and various state administrative agencies. He has also drafted and implemented a wide variety of policies and forms including employment agreements, arbitration agreements, and computer use and social media site policies.
Mike has extensive experience in providing training regarding properly conducting workplace investigations, employee discipline and discharge issues, and employment discrimination issues. He joins Reminger of counsel and services their many offices throughout the Midwest.
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Ohio State Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
International Franchise Association
American Staffing Association
- October 31, 2017
- Press Release, March 7, 2013
- Press Release, July 3, 2012
- Creating Bulletproof Recruiting AgreementsAmerican Staffing Association, Webinar, November 15, 2018
- The 'Must Knows' for Small Businesses on the Implementation of the Affordable Care ActManagement Recruiters International nationwide office webinar - Cleveland, OH, February 28, 2013
- American Staffing Association’s Certification Program, September 1, 2019
- American Staffing Association – December 2017 Issue, December 15, 2017
- ASA Staffing Success: The Magazine of the American Staffing Association, December 2017