J.D., Capital University Law School, cum laude, 1987
B.A., Baldwin Wallace College, 1984
- State of Ohio, 1987
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1989
As an avid sports car enthusiast, I appreciate when a machine operates at peak performance. I understand that litigation can disrupt a client’s business, so I strive to minimize those disruptions in order for my clients to operate at their peak performance.
Prior to joining Reminger Co., L.P.A., Mike was an Assistant Ohio Attorney General working in the Court of Claims Defense section where he defended claims ranging from negligence, contract and wrongful death actions against various state agencies. As a Partner at Reminger, Mike’s practice is now concentrated in the areas of construction liability, governmental liability, trucking liability, and general liability. He has extensive trial experience, trying complex cases that are counted in months rather than days.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as a Super Lawyer by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Ohio State Bar Association
Capital University Law School, Trial Advocacy Competition Course
- Christopher Plank, Administrator of the Estate of Monica Plank v. City of Bellefontaine and City of Bellefontaine Water DepartmentApril 25, 2018, Defense Ruling UpheldOhio Supreme Court
Defense of municipality in wrongful death case
- Christopher Plank, Administrator of the Estate of Monica Plank v. City of Bellefontaine and City of Bellefontaine Water DepartmentNovember 20, 2017, Third District Court of Appeals reversed the trial court’s denial of political subdivision immunity and remanded the case to the trial court to grant Defendants’ Motion for Summary Judgment, pursuant to the Third District’s decision3rd District Court of Appeals
Defense of municipality in wrongful death case
- September 12, 2017, Judgment Affirmed4th Appellate Dist
Plaintiffs appealed adverse trial court judgment in claim by homeowners alleging trespass and negligence by school district for fronting damages to their residences.
- Krivda v. Pickerington Local School Dist. et. alMarch 1, 2017, Defense VerdictFairfield
Defense of employment practices claim for governmental entity claiming discrimination based on national origin
- February 6, 2017, Summary Judgment Affirmed12th Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in personal injury claim
- Whitson, et al. v. One Stop Rental Tool and PartyMarch 18, 2016, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedPreble
Defense of personal injury claim due to bounce house rental
- July 18, 2014, Judgment Affirmed2nd Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in real estate agent E&O claim
- D. Jenkins v. Southern Local SchoolsJanuary 29, 2014, Defense VerdictMeigs
Defense of bus and auto liability personal injury claim for governmental liability
- R. Sterid v. Orange Township, et al.March 6, 2013, Plaintiff VerdictFranklin
Defense of sexual harassment in employment and governmental context as well as gender discrimination case
- November 16, 2010, Judgment Affirmed10th Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in claim for damages arising out of township’s independent contractor work
- R. Weldon, et al. v. Prairie Township, et at.February 12, 2010, Defense VerdictFranklin
Defense of township in property damage claim
- September 23, 2008, Reversed and Remanded10th Appellate Dist
The Court of Appeals, T. Bryant, J., held that: i) genuine issues of material fact precluded summary judgment to teenagers.
- Kennedy, et al. v. City of Zainesville, et al.July 11, 2008, Plaintiff VerdictFed. Dist. Court, Southern Dist. of OH, Columbus, OH
Defense of governmental liability class action civil rights violation claims involving the supply of water.
- Garber v. PhillipsJanuary 18, 2008, Plaintiff VerdictMarion
Defense of Trucking company with stipulated liability in rear-end accident (CNA)
- Shuster v. Kokosing ConstructionNovember 12, 2007, Defense VerdictAshland
Defense of construction liability personal injury claim of multiple plaintiffs.
- Pettit v. Findeiss RealtyJuly 16, 2007, Defense VerdictMuskingham
Defense of real estate agent E&O claim.
- V & A Vitullo v. ReMax Realty Inc.April 20, 2007, Defense VerdictFranklin
Defense of real estate agent E&O fraud claim.
- Press Release, December 5, 2018
- Expert Witness Course Taught by Zachary Pyers and Michael Valentine Featured in The Columbus DispatchPress Release, March 21, 2018
- Press Release, December 6, 2017
- 2009 Ohio Law UpdateJuly 10, 2009
- Published Case, June 19, 2017
- Published Case: Ford Motor Credit Co., et al. v. Ryan 189 Ohio App. 3d 560, 2010-Ohio-4601, May 2, 2011
- "Joint Enterprise Within the Doctrine of Imputed Negligence is the Joint Prosecution of a Common Purpose"January 26, 2009
- 'Arboriculture and the Law' The International Society of Arboriculture (August 1992)