- Appellate Advocacy
- Corporate & General Business
- Dental Liability
- Drug and Medical Device
- Employment Practices Defense
- General Liability/Surplus Risks
- Intellectual Property/E-Commerce and Cyber Risk
- Legal Professional Liability
- Long-Term Care Liability
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
- Trucking and Commercial Transportation
J.D., Salmon P. Chase College of Law, magna cum laude, 2011
- Northern Kentucky University Law Review Associate Editor
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law Moot Court Team
- Best Brief, Washington D.C. National Telecommunications Moot Court Competition
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law National Trial Advocacy Team
B.S., College of Mount Saint Joseph, cum laude, 2005
- State of Ohio, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2011
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 2012
- U.S Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky, 2013
To me, the most rewarding aspect of being an attorney is the relationships with my clients. Each client is interesting and unique in his or her own way, and it is my job to represent that uniqueness in achieving the most effective resolution of my client’s case.
Michael practices in Reminger Co., L.P.A.'s Cincinnati office, where he focuses his legal practice in the areas of long term care, professional liability, trucking/commercial transportation, products liability, appellate advocacy, employment, general casualty, and intellectual property.
He graduated magna cum laude from Salmon P. Chase College of Law, where he was an associate editor of the Law Review and a member of both the Moot Court Board and National Trial Team. Currently, he serves as an adjunct instructor with the national trial advocacy team and as an adjunct professor of law in the areas of legal writing and appellate advocacy for the Salmon P. Chase College of Law.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
American Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
Cincinnati Bar Association
- Bunnavuth Chhun v. Physician DefendantSeptember 13, 2019, Defense VerdictHamilton
Defense of orthopedic medical malpractice claim.
- Douglas Hayes, Admin. for Est. of William Hayes v. Physician DefendantSeptember 5, 2019, Defense VerdictHamilton
Defense of medical malpractice claim alleging unnecessary spinal fusion and decompression.
- Maxum Indemnity Co. v. National Condo & Apartment Insurance Group, et al.October 23, 2018, Judgment GrantedU.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
Obtained a judgment in the amount of $3 million in an insurance coverage dispute.
- September 29, 2017, Motion for Summary Judgment and Permanent InjunctionHamilton
- Indiana Insurance Co. as subrogee of Indian Ridge Golf Club vs. E-Z-GOAugust 25, 2017, Hung JuryButler County
Prosecution of subrogation action involving fire caused by product defect
- K. Thompson v. Dollar GeneralSeptember 16, 2015, Finding For DefendantMontgomery
Arbitration defense of property damage claim based on pre-arbitration demand.
- J. Barger v. Dollar GeneralJanuary 13, 2015, Finding For DefendantBrown
Arbitration defense of commercial premises liability property damage claim
- November 24, 2014, Injunction grantedHamilton
Prosecution of injunction action against International Union regarding flash mobs.
- Logan Westra, et al.v. Little League International, et al.June 12, 2014, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedMontgomery
Defense of personal
- Brooks, Guardian of E/O Willoughby v. CHS Ohio Valley, Inc.September 18, 2013, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedHamilton
Defense of alleged violation of nursing home resident rights under ORC §3721.13
- August 23, 2013, Judgment Affirmed1st Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in medical malpractice claim
- M. Ammerman v. Jamestown Crossing Homeowners Assn.June 12, 2012, Finding For DefendantClermont
Arbitration Defense of miscellaneous professional liability claim for property damage caused by alleged negligent maintenance.
- Julio Valdez v. Rion, Rion & Rion, and John H. Rion, Esq.March 28, 2012, Summary JudgmentMontgomery
Legal malpractice claim for alleged failure to properly advise criminal client of rights during plea stage
- J. Butler, Admr. of the E/O Aubrey M. Butler, et al., v. Wyndtree Housing Limited Partnership, et al.January 9, 2012, Judgment Affirmed12th Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in wrongful death claim based on negligence of landlord in maintaining smoke detectors that allegedly contributed to the wrongful death.
- Albiez, et al. v. Big G Express, et al.December 5, 2011, Plaintiff VerdictHamilton
Arbitration defense of property damage trucking liability claim
- Press Release, December 5, 2018
- Press Release, December 6, 2017
- Press Release, January 3, 2017
- Press Release, December 2, 2016
- Press Release, October 7, 2014
- Press Release, May 20, 2011
- Negotiating and Litigating Damages: A Defense PerspectiveNational Business Institute CLE, Cincinnati, OH, October 18, 2016
- Legal EthicsNational Business Institute CLE, Cincinnati, OH, October 18, 2016
- Avoiding the Pitfalls of Ohio’s Consumer Sales Practices ActAutomotive Service Association of Ohio, Cincinnati, OH, November 12, 2014
- By Michael MahonEmployment Newsletter, November 2019, November 2019
- By Michael MahonCincinnati Employment Newsletter, March 2, 2019
- AIGs Legal Insights - Spring 2013 issue, April 19, 2013
- Appellate Advocacy Practice Group Spring 2012 NewsletterMarch 29, 2012
- Defense Lawyers Will “Like” this Article; Plaintiff Lawyers Will Not: The Use of Social Media as a Discovery Tool in Civil Defense LitigationOACTA Newsletter - Fall 2011, October 6, 2011
- Keeping the Gatekeeper at the Gate: Overcoming the 10th District’s Recent Decision that Could Remove the Teeth from Rule 10(D)(2)’s Affidavit of Merit RequirementBy: Michael M. MahonNovember 29, 2018
- By Tyler Tarney and Michael MahonNovember 29, 2016
- Medical Claims and Nursing Homes: The Struggle to Apply the Protections of Ohio Rev. Code § 2305.113 to Long-Term Care FacilitiesBy Michael MahonOctober 3, 2016
- There Is Such A Thing As Bad Publicity – The Ohio Legislature Restricts the Use of Nursing Home Inspections or Surveys in AdvertisementsBy Michael MahonJanuary 14, 2015
- October 1, 2013
- Kentucky Supreme Court Removes the Physical Impact Requirement when Recovering for Negligence Claims Involving Emotional DistressJanuary 8, 2013
- June 6, 2011