J.D., Case Western Reserve University, 1979
B.A., University of Toronto, Canada, 1976
- State of Ohio, 1979
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1979
We are identified as attorneys and counsellors at law. Besides being an advocate for my clients, I take seriously my role as a counsellor to them as well, providing guidance and advice throughout the litigation process, managing their expectations, allaying their fears, providing a sounding board, and doing whatever else needs to be done to ensure that they have a complete understanding of the process and what I am trying to accomplish for their benefit.
For over thirty years, Marc has devoted his career to the defense of professional liability matters. The emphasis of his practice has been dedicated to the representation of the medical community, involving the defense of physicians, hospitals, nurses and the like. He has also successfully represented throughout his career others in the professional community, including attorneys, accountants, real estate agents and insurance brokers.
Marc has lectured frequently to bar associations, hospitals, physician groups and others on issues pertaining to medical malpractice and risk management issues. He has been designated as a Group Leader in Reminger's Medical Malpractice Department and serves on the firm's Management Committee.
Honors & Recognitions
Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
Rated AV® Preeminent™: Very Highly Rated in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards by Martindale Hubbell Peer Review
Recognized as a Super Lawyer by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Named a Top 50 Cleveland Lawyer and a Top 100 Ohio Lawyer by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Ohio State Bar Association
"Marc's approach to defending claims is proactive instead of reactive. He has our confidence and trust, and that of our insureds. Marc helps the insureds get through the process and spends countless hours not only talking about the case, but helping them with the personal struggle of getting through the process of a lawsuit. This takes patience, professionalism, intellect and pure grace, all of which Marc possesses. Marc is an experienced, well-qualified, results-proven lawyer."
-Judith, Claims Consultant
Marc Groedel’s performance and dedication to service is unsurpassed.”
-Amy, Executive Vice President
- Estate of Jeffrey Copeland v. Trinity Health Systems, et alJune 3, 2019, Defense VerdictJefferson County Court of Common Pleas
Defense of wrongful death suit alleging failure to adequately treat pulmonary embolism in a 36-year-old man.
- Anne M. Sutch, Admr. E/O Paul Sutch v. Lake Hospital System, Inc., et al.January 23, 2018, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice involving robotic assistance laparoscopic nephrectomy
- Drew Carson vs. Hernia Center of Ohio, et alApril 24, 2015, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of general surgeon in medical malpractice claim involving allegations of negligent hernia repair
- Estate of John A. Bukovnik vs. Lake Hospital, et alFebruary 2015, Case resolved favorably during trialCuyahoga
Defense of radiologist in wrongful death medical malpractice claim involving claim of missed aortic dissection
- July 16, 2014, Reversed9th Appellate Dist.
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in medical malpractice claim
- Estate of William Neckermann v. Ohio Spine Center, Inc. et al.May 27, 2014, Defense VerdictSummit
Defense of anesthesiologist in wrongful death medical malpractice claim involving allegation of inappropriately monitoring following spine surgery.
- M. Niesel v. Radiologist Associates of CantonJuly 2, 2013, Defense VerdictStark
Defense of claimed delay diagnosis of breast cancer medical malpractice
- P. Porter v. Ob-GYN of the Reserve, et al.May 22, 2013, Defense VerdictSummit
Defense of obstetrical malpractice claim involving cerebral palsy birth trauma from alleged delayed delivery
- E/O Yaugher v. K. Petras, M.D.April 13, 2012, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim
- Esther Leach v. David Grischkan, M.D., et al.December 13, 2010, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of medical malpractice claim
- E/O Rebecca White v. D. Thomas, D.O.April 8, 2010, Defense VerdictAshland
Defense of wrongful death medical malpracitce claim
- Wargo v. WhiteJune 30, 2009, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of Operation Room Fire
- Guardian of Alyssa Santiago v. MetroHealth Medical CenterMay 29, 2009, Plaintiff VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of catastrophic medical malpractice claim
- Press Release, August 15, 2019
- Press Release, December 5, 2018
- Press Release, December 6, 2017
- Press Release, December 2, 2016
- Cleveland Jewish News, November 29, 2016
- Press Release, December 2, 2015
- Press Release, December 3, 2014
- Selection Includes 30 Super Lawyers and 16 Rising Stars Across Ohio and KentuckyPress Release, December 5, 2013
- Press Release, December 17, 2012
- Press Release, December 16, 2011
- Medical Malpractice in West VirginiaCNA HealthPro Division - Chicago, IL, October 26, 2012
- Simulation of Deposition ProcessMetroHealth Medical Center Physician Staff - Cleveland, OH, September 28, 2011
- Anatomy of a Nursing Malpractice Case, Cleveland Clinic Health System West HospitalsLakewood, Ohio, June 22, 2007