For over thirty years, Marc has devoted his career to the defense of professional liability matters. The emphasis of his practice has been dedicated to the representation of the medical community, involving the defense of physicians, hospitals, nurses and the like. He has also successfully represented throughout his career others in the professional community, including attorneys, accountants, real estate agents and insurance brokers.
Marc has lectured frequently to bar associations, hospitals, physician groups and others on issues pertaining to medical malpractice and risk management issues. He has been designated as a Group Leader in Reminger's Medical Malpractice Department and serves on the firm's Management Committee.
Honors & Recognitions
Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
Rated AV® Preeminent™: Very Highly Rated in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards by Martindale Hubbell Peer Review
Recognized as a Super Lawyer by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Named a Top 50 Cleveland Lawyer and a Top 100 Ohio Lawyer by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Community & Professional
Ohio State Bar Association
- Feb 28, 2020, Defense VerdictSummit County
Medical malpractice wrongful death claim involving death of a 44-year-old woman from a liver abscess following an appendectomy.
- Aug 20, 2019, Defense VerdictSummit
Defense of injury case against hospital.
- Jun 3, 2019, Defense VerdictJefferson County Court of Common Pleas
Defense of wrongful death suit alleging failure to adequately treat pulmonary embolism in a 36-year-old man.
- Jan 23, 2018, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice involving robotic assistance laparoscopic nephrectomy
- Apr 24, 2015, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of general surgeon in medical malpractice claim involving allegations of negligent hernia repair
- Feb 2015, Case resolved favorably during trialCuyahoga
Defense of radiologist in wrongful death medical malpractice claim involving claim of missed aortic dissection
- Jul 16, 2014, Reversed9th Appellate Dist.
E. Hubiak, et al. v. Ohio Family Practice Center Inc., et al
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in medical malpractice claim
- May 27, 2014, Defense VerdictSummit
Defense of anesthesiologist in wrongful death medical malpractice claim involving allegation of inappropriately monitoring following spine surgery.
- Jul 2, 2013, Defense VerdictStark
Defense of claimed delay diagnosis of breast cancer medical malpractice
- May 22, 2013, Defense VerdictSummit
Defense of obstetrical malpractice claim involving cerebral palsy birth trauma from alleged delayed delivery
- Apr 13, 2012, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim
- Dec 13, 2010, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of medical malpractice claim
- Apr 8, 2010, Defense VerdictAshland
Defense of wrongful death medical malpracitce claim
- Jun 30, 2009, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of Operation Room Fire
- May 29, 2009, Plaintiff VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of catastrophic medical malpractice claim
- Press Release, Nov 27, 2019
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2019
- Press Release, Dec 5, 2018
- Press Release, Dec 6, 2017
- Press Release, Dec 2, 2016
- Cleveland Jewish News, Nov 29, 2016
- Press Release, Dec 2, 2015
- Press Release, Dec 3, 2014
- Press Release, Dec 5, 2013
- Press Release, Dec 17, 2012
- Press Release, Dec 16, 2011
- Medical Malpractice in West VirginiaCNA HealthPro Division - Chicago, IL, Oct 26, 2012
- Simulation of Deposition ProcessMetroHealth Medical Center Physician Staff - Cleveland, OH, Sep 28, 2011
- Anatomy of a Nursing Malpractice Case, Cleveland Clinic Health System West HospitalsLakewood, Ohio, Jun 22, 2007