Ken practices primarily in Reminger Co., LPA's Lexington office. He has represented small to large corporations, as well as individuals, throughout Kentucky and Ohio in areas including complex business and commercial litigation, construction, and products liability. He has also represented clients in various transactional matters including mergers and acquisitions, commercial real estate, fraud investigations, and compliance matters.
Ken is licensed in Kentucky and Ohio, where he has been successful at trial and on appeal.
Ken is a prior adjunct professor position at Eastern Kentucky University, where he taught a night section of Legal and Ethical Environment of Business in the Department of Management, Marketing, and International Business.
Honors & Recognitions
The Posse Foundation, Full-Tuition Leadership Scholarship, 2001-2005
Moot Court Member, Finalist in United States Southern District of Ohio, Judge Walter H. Rice Competition
Community & Professional
Kentucky Bar Association
-Vice Chairman of the Business Law Section
Ohio State Bar Association
Sunflower Kids, Inc.
-Former Board Member (2015-2016)
United Way of the Bluegrass
-Community Investments Cabinet
- Alliance Corporation v. Concord Roofing, LLC, et al.Jul 1, 2014, Motion for Summary Judgment and Declaratory Relief GrantedHardin County, Kentucky Circuit Court
Defense asserted contractual commercial general liability and commercial umbrella liability insurance policy exclusions for faulty workmanship.
- Hyserman v. Bluegrass Oakwood Inc., et al.Feb 7, 2014, Defense VerdictPulaski County, Kentucky Circuit Court
Defense of whistleblower, breach of contract, and wrongful discharge claims.
- Bickham v. Bickham, 2011-Ohio-4213Aug 22, 2011, Judgment Reversed5th Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed a high value alimony order based on former spouse’s subsequent legal cohabitation that was prohibited in the divorce decree.
- Press Release, Jan 4, 2018
- Press Release, Jun 8, 2016
- Sep 13, 2021
- Jul 10, 2020
- Jun 16, 2020
- Both High Court and Lawmakers Facing Important Decisions Regarding “Qualified Immunity” and Police Protection from Civil SuitsJun 10, 2020
- While COVID-19 Forces Many to Work from Home, the Sixth Circuit Issues Ruling Requiring Disabled Employees to Present Documentation of Medical Necessity to Receive a Work from Home AccommodationApr 6, 2020
- Kentucky Court of Appeals Invalidates Statute Allowing an Employer to Represent Itself in Administrative ProceedingsJun 3, 2019
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules That Trucking Companies Cannot Use Arbitration Clauses to Avoid Lawsuits from Independent Contractor DriversApr 10, 2019
- Apr 12, 2017
- Mar 1, 2017
- Minor Golf Cart Collision on Indiana Courses Considered “Ordinary Behavior” and an Inherent Risk in the Game of GolfFeb 20, 2017
- Indiana Applies Heightened Summary Judgment Standard In Determining Vicarious Liability For An Employee Driving A Provided Company VehicleFeb 13, 2017
- Nov 29, 2016
- Mississippi District Court Halts Implementation of New CMS Rule Banning Use of Arbitration Agreements in Long-Term Care FacilitiesNov 15, 2016
- Oct 11, 2016
- Aug 22, 2016
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate & General Business
- Architects and Engineers / Construction Liability
- Trucking and Commercial Transportation
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
- General Liability/Surplus Risks
- Real Estate
- Employment Practices Defense
- Environmental / Mass Tort / Class Action
- Legal Professional Liability
- Externship, Montgomery County, Ohio Common Pleas Court
J.D., University of Dayton School of Law, 2009
B.A., DePauw University, 2005
- State of Ohio, 2010
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky, 2014