J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 1999
B.A., John Carroll University, 1996
- State of Ohio, 1999
- State of Michigan, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Ohio, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth District, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2016
I love being in a courtroom and fighting for my clients. My personal life has plenty of drama as the mother of five children. Thankfully, that has taught me the importance of being organized, proactive, and decisive – traits that define my success as a trial lawyer.
Jeanne practices primarily out of our Cleveland office, defending cases throughout Ohio. She has successfully defended hundreds of cases and handles herself with comfort and ease in the courtroom as a trial lawyer. Her practice is focused on the defense of medical and professional negligence cases, including physicians, pharmacists, hospitals and long-term care facilities. Jeanne also serves as National Coordinating Counsel for a major Fortune 500 company. Jeanne serves as co-chair of the firm's Medical Malpractice Group and is a member of the Management Group and Executive Committee. She also is a past leader of Reminger's Women's Initiative.
Jeanne is licensed to practice law in both Ohio and Michigan, and has handled complex cases in other states on a pro hac vice basis. She is a member of various professional bar associations. She has presented matters on appeal at both the state and federal levels, and has had the privilege of presenting a case to the Ohio Supreme Court.
Jeanne has been a frequent speaker on various topic areas, including medical malpractice, nursing home negligence and risk prevention since joining Reminger. She also finds time to give back to her community having been recognized by John Carroll University as an Alumni who is personally, professionally and philanthropically "making a difference." Toward that end, she served for ten years on the board of the PM Foundation Inc., dba Urban Community School, which is a non-profit organization devoted to providing a quality, faith-based education to children in the near west side of Cleveland who would not otherwise have access to it. In 2015, Jeanne decided to change her philanthropic focus, and joined the board of GiGi’s Playhouse Cleveland where she works to further the mission of educating and inspiring the community regarding Down Syndrome, and helping individuals who live with Down syndrome achieve and realize their potential.
Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine has recognized Jeanne as a "Rising Star" from 2010 through 2013, and as a Super Lawyer from 2014 through 2019. In addition to being listed with Best Lawyers in America since 2012, Jeanne has been honored as Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year 2016 - Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants - Toledo." She was inducted as a Litigation Counsel of America Fellow in 2016.
Honors & Recognitions
Honored with a 2019 "Progressive Woman" Award by Smart Business Magazine as part of their Smart Women Awards program
2019 YWCA of Greater Cleveland “Woman of Professional Excellence”
Recognized as a Rising Star and as a Super Lawyer by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Selected as Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year 2016" for Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants – Toledo
Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Medical Malpractice Law-Defendants, since 2012
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Ohio State Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Ohio Women's Bar Association
Lucas County Bar Association
Michigan Trial Lawyers Association
American Society for Pharmacy Law
Litigation Counsel of America
GiGi's Playhouse Cleveland
PM Foundation Inc., dba Urban Community School
-Former Board Member
- Mackenzy Cook v. EMH Regional Medical Center, et al.June 7, 2018, Defense VerdictLorain
Defense of medical malpractice claim involving shoulder dystocia during delivery resulting in a permanent brachial plexus injury
- Richard Evans et al. v. Mark Loomus, MD and Toledo Neurologic AssociatesSeptember 29, 2017, Defense VerdictLucas County Court of Common Pleas
Defense of neurology medical malpractice claim.
- R. Thompson, etc. v. W. Knobeloch, et al.August 30, 2016, Defense VerdictFranklin
Defense of catastrophic pharmaceutical reaction in 6 year-old
- Deborah Boothe v. Michael Felter, M.D. and Sandusky OrthopedicsAugust 12, 2016, Defense VerdictErie
Defense of orthopedic total knee replacement malpractice claim
- T. DeHaven, et al v. F. Fotouhi, M.D., et al.February 3, 2016, Defense VerdictAllen
Defense of catastrophic cardiothoracic surgical negligence case
- J. Cook, et al. v. R. Hamilton, M.D., et al.October 22, 2015, Defense VerdictStark
Defense of obstetrical medical malpractice claim involving stillborn child
- T. Ghebreyesus, Admr., etc., et al. v. R. Warren, M.D.September 8, 2015, Defense VerdictMercer
Defense of wrongful death emergency room medical malpractice claim
- Roy Jenkins, Guardian of Regina Jenkins, et al. -v- Surgicor, Inc., et alMay 14, 2014, MistrialLucas
Defense of catastrophic brain injury medical malpractice case
- Estate of Seymour v. P. Bamdad, M.D., et al.November 18, 2013, Dismissed during trial with no paymentAllen
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim
- R. Evans v. Toledo Neurological AssociatesSeptember 5, 2013, Defense VerdictLucas
Defense of catastrophic neurologist medical malpractice claim
- M. Edwards v. P. JohnsonJune 7, 2013, Defense VerdictLucas
Defense of OB/GYN medical practice claim claiming failure to timely diagnose post-partum infection resulting in catastrophic injury.
- E/O Floyd Hinkle v. Blanchard Valley Health SystemOctober 19, 2012, Defense VerdictHancock
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim alleging negligent administration of medication resulting in asphyxia.
- Jessica Snyder v. M. Manuel, M.D.September 14, 2011, Defense VerdictHancock
Defense of medical malpractice claim alleging failure to diagnose massive heart attack in 30-year old.
- Sara Geissinger, et al. v. Birchaven Retirement Village and Blanchard Valley Health System, et al.May 27, 2011, Favorable OutcomeHancock
Defense of wrongful termination and defamation claim against long-term care facility following allegations of sub-standard nursing care.
- William and Deliah Volsch v. Blanchard Valley Hospital, and M. Manuel, M.D.March 11, 2011, Defense VerdictHancock
Defense of medical malpractice claim involving allegations of mismanaged infection leading to above the knee amputation.
- October 8, 2010, Judgment Affirmed6th Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in medical malpractice based on claim of negligent credentialing of settling private physician
- A. Myers v. B. Heck, M.D.November 13, 2009, Defense VerdictHancock
Defense of orthopedic surgical malpractice claim.
- August 26, 2009, Court of Appeals AffirmedSupreme Court of Ohio
The Supreme Court, Cupp, J., held a patient cannot pursue a negligent-credentialing claim without prior finding or admission of negligence against subject physician in most circumstances.
- Press Release, May 7, 2019
- Press Release, April 16, 2019
- Press Release, December 5, 2018
- Press Release, August 15, 2018
- Allison McMeechan, Jeanne Mullin, and Christine Santoni Featured in Crain's Cleveland 'Notable Women in Law' IssueMay 14, 2018
- Press Release, December 6, 2017
- Press Release, August 15, 2017
- Press Release, March 30, 2017
- Press Release, December 2, 2016
- Press Release, August 15, 2016
- Press Release, December 2, 2015
- Two Reminger Co., LPA Attorneys Named Best Lawyers® 2016 "Lawyer of the Year" for Medical Malpractice Law - DefendantsPress Release, August 20, 2015
- Press Release, August 17, 2015
- Press Release, December 3, 2014
- Press Release, August 18, 2014
- Selection Includes 30 Super Lawyers and 16 Rising Stars Across Ohio and KentuckyPress Release, December 5, 2013
- August 16, 2013
- Press Release, December 17, 2012
- Press Release, August 24, 2012
- Press Release, December 16, 2011
- Press Release, August 31, 2011
- Charting is the Start all and End All of Good Nursing PracticesBlanchard Valley Health Center and ProMedica, Findlay, OH, April 11, 2016
- Reducing Risk in Medical Malpractice LiabilityUniversity of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, OH, March 25, 2015
- Best Practices in Healthcare Risk Management to stay out of a CourtroomParagon Health Associates and The Doctors Company, Akron, OH, October 30, 2014
- Hot Topics in Nursing Home Long-Term Care Risk ManagementUnited Church Homes Leadership Seminar, Marion, Ohio, July 16, 2014
- Hot Topics in Nursing Home and Long Term Care Risk ManagementUnited Church Homes Annual Leadership Conference - Columbus, OH, July 16, 2014
- Medical Malpractice in OhioCNA HealthPro Division - Chicago, IL, October 26, 2012
- Negligent Credentialing - The Doctors Company Annual Counsel and Claim Associates SeminarColumbus, OH, August 24, 2010
- Medication Errors in Medical MalpracticeMay 21, 2009
- Ohio Medical Tort Reform, Ohio Hospital Insurance Co. Insured Physician SeminarToledo, Ohio, May 10, 2007
- New Rules of Professional Conduct, Lorman Educational CLE for LawyersApril 20, 2007
- Female Perspective in a Woman Friendly FirmThe Gavel Cleveland State University College of Law - Winter 2013 Edition, March 8, 2013
- Plaintiff May Pursue Negligent Credentialing Claim Against Hospital Only After Proving Physician's Negligence was Proximate Cause of Injury and Doctor not Amenable to Suit.Published Case: Schelling v. Humphrey, 123 Ohio St. 3d 387, 2009-Ohio-4475, December 14, 2009
- So-called negligent medical credentialing claim not ripe until Plaintiff establishes negligence and proximate cause of physicianSo-called negligent medical credentialing claim not ripe until Plaintiff establishes negligence and proximate cause of physician, August 26, 2009
- Jeanne M. Mullin and Holly Marie WilsonSeptember 13, 2017
- September 10, 2013
- December 29, 2010
- Ohio Supreme Court Issues Important Decision on the Use of Fictitious Names as “Placeholders” in SuitsJuly 26, 2010