Jeanne focuses her practice on the defense of medical and professional negligence cases, including physicians, pharmacists, hospitals, and long-term care facilities. She also serves as National Coordinating Counsel for a major Fortune 500 company. Jeanne practices in our Cleveland office, defending cases throughout Ohio and beyond. Having first-chaired countless trials, she handles herself with comfort and ease in the courtroom. She serves as co-chair of the firm's Medical Malpractice Group and is a member of the Management Group and Executive Committee. She also is a past leader of Reminger's Women's Leadership Council.
Jeanne is licensed to practice law in both Ohio and Michigan, and has handled complex cases in other states on a pro hac vice basis, including Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Massachusetts, Nevada, New York, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and Tennessee. She is a member of various professional bar associations. She has presented matters on appeal at both the state and federal levels, having had the privilege of presenting a case to the Ohio Supreme Court.
Jeanne has presented on various topics, including medical malpractice, nursing home negligence and risk prevention since joining Reminger. She also finds time to give back to her community, having been previously recognized by John Carroll University as an Alum who is personally, professionally and philanthropically "making a difference." Having served as a board member for local non-profits since 2005, Jeanne currently serves on the board of GiGi’s Playhouse Cleveland where she works to further the mission of changing the way people in the world see Down syndrome, and helping individuals who live with Down syndrome achieve and realize their potential.
Jeanne has also been recognized by her peers. Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine recognized Jeanne as a "Rising Star" from 2010 through 2012, and as a Super Lawyer from 2014 through 2021. In addition to being listed with Best Lawyers in America since 2012, Jeanne has been honored as Best Lawyers' Lawyer of the Year 2016 - Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants - Toledo. Jeanne was inducted as a Litigation Counsel of America Fellow in 2016. In 2019, Jeanne was recognized by the YWCA of Greater Cleveland as a "Woman of Professional Excellence," and by Smart Business Magazine with a "Progressive Woman" award.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized by John Carroll University, 2005, as an Alumni who is personally, professionally and philanthropically "making a difference" in her community
Recognized as a Rising Star and as a Super Lawyer by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Medical Malpractice Law-Defendants, since 2012
Selected as Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year – Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants – Toledo, 2016
2019 YWCA of Greater Cleveland “Woman of Professional Excellence”
Honored with a 2019 "Progressive Woman" Award by Smart Business Magazine as part of their Smart Women Awards program
Community & Professional
Ohio State Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Ohio Women's Bar Association
Lucas County Bar Association
Michigan Trial Lawyers Association
American Society for Pharmacy Law
Litigation Counsel of America
GiGi's Playhouse Cleveland
PM Foundation Inc., dba Urban Community School
-Former Board Member
- Jun 7, 2018, Defense VerdictLorain
Defense of medical malpractice claim involving shoulder dystocia during delivery resulting in a permanent brachial plexus injury
- Sep 29, 2017, Defense VerdictLucas County Court of Common Pleas
Defense of neurology medical malpractice claim.
- Aug 30, 2016, Defense VerdictFranklin
Defense of catastrophic pharmaceutical reaction in 6 year-old.
- Aug 12, 2016, Defense VerdictErie
Defense of orthopedic total knee replacement malpractice claim
- Feb 3, 2016, Defense VerdictAllen
Defense of catastrophic cardiothoracic surgical negligence case
- Oct 22, 2015, Defense VerdictStark
Defense of obstetrical medical malpractice claim involving stillborn child
- Sep 8, 2015, Defense VerdictMercer
Defense of wrongful death emergency room medical malpractice claim
- May 14, 2014, MistrialLucas
Defense of catastrophic brain injury medical malpractice case
- Nov 18, 2013, Dismissed during trial with no paymentAllen
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim
- Sep 5, 2013, Defense VerdictLucas
Defense of catastrophic neurologist medical malpractice claim
- Jun 7, 2013, Defense VerdictLucas
Defense of OB/GYN medical practice claim claiming failure to timely diagnose post-partum infection resulting in catastrophic injury.
- Oct 19, 2012, Defense VerdictHancock
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim alleging negligent administration of medication resulting in asphyxia.
- Sep 14, 2011, Defense VerdictHancock
Defense of medical malpractice claim alleging failure to diagnose massive heart attack in 30-year old.
- May 27, 2011, Favorable OutcomeHancock
Defense of wrongful termination and defamation claim against long-term care facility following allegations of sub-standard nursing care.
- Mar 11, 2011, Defense VerdictHancock
Defense of medical malpractice claim involving allegations of mismanaged infection leading to above the knee amputation.
- Oct 8, 2010, Judgment Affirmed6th Appellate Dist
Mary Boggia, et al. v. Wood County Hospital, et al
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in medical malpractice based on claim of negligent credentialing of settling private physician.
- Nov 13, 2009, Defense VerdictHancock
Defense of orthopedic surgical malpractice claim.
- Aug 26, 2009, Court of Appeals AffirmedSupreme Court of Ohio
Schelling, et al. v. Humphrey
The Supreme Court, Cupp, J., held a patient cannot pursue a negligent-credentialing claim without prior finding or admission of negligence against subject physician in most circumstances.
- Press Release, Dec 8, 2020
- Press Release, Aug 20, 2020
- Press Release, May 7, 2019
- Press Release, Apr 16, 2019
- Press Release, Dec 5, 2018
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2018
- Allison McMeechan, Jeanne Mullin, and Christine Santoni Featured in Crain's Cleveland 'Notable Women in Law' IssueMay 14, 2018
- Press Release, Dec 6, 2017
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2017
- Press Release, Mar 30, 2017
- Press Release, Dec 2, 2016
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2016
- Press Release, Dec 2, 2015
- Two Reminger Co., LPA Attorneys Named Best Lawyers® 2016 "Lawyer of the Year" for Medical Malpractice Law - DefendantsPress Release, Aug 20, 2015
- Press Release, Aug 17, 2015
- Press Release, Dec 3, 2014
- Press Release, Aug 18, 2014
- Press Release, Dec 5, 2013
- Aug 16, 2013
- Press Release, Dec 17, 2012
- Press Release, Aug 24, 2012
- Press Release, Dec 16, 2011
- Press Release, Aug 31, 2011
- Anatomy of a Lawsuit and Things to Know Going into to PracticeCase Western University, Jul 8, 2021
- Charting is the Start all and End All of Good Nursing PracticesBlanchard Valley Health Center and ProMedica, Findlay, OH, Apr 11, 2016
- Reducing Risk in Medical Malpractice LiabilityUniversity of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, OH, Mar 25, 2015
- Best Practices in Healthcare Risk Management to stay out of a CourtroomParagon Health Associates and The Doctors Company, Akron, OH, Oct 30, 2014
- Hot Topics in Nursing Home Long-Term Care Risk ManagementMarion, Ohio, Jul 16, 2014
- Hot Topics in Nursing Home and Long Term Care Risk ManagementUnited Church Homes Annual Leadership Conference - Columbus, OH, Jul 16, 2014
- Medical Malpractice in OhioCNA HealthPro Division - Chicago, IL, Oct 26, 2012
- Negligent Credentialing - The Doctors Company Annual Counsel and Claim Associates SeminarColumbus, OH, Aug 24, 2010
- Medication Errors in Medical MalpracticeMay 21, 2009
- Ohio Medical Tort Reform, Ohio Hospital Insurance Co. Insured Physician SeminarToledo, Ohio, May 10, 2007
- New Rules of Professional Conduct, Lorman Educational CLE for LawyersApr 20, 2007
- Female Perspective in a Woman Friendly FirmThe Gavel Cleveland State University College of Law - Winter 2013 Edition, Mar 8, 2013
- Plaintiff May Pursue Negligent Credentialing Claim Against Hospital Only After Proving Physician's Negligence was Proximate Cause of Injury and Doctor not Amenable to Suit.Published Case: Schelling v. Humphrey, 123 Ohio St. 3d 387, 2009-Ohio-4475, Dec 14, 2009
- So-called negligent medical credentialing claim not ripe until Plaintiff establishes negligence and proximate cause of physicianSo-called negligent medical credentialing claim not ripe until Plaintiff establishes negligence and proximate cause of physician, Aug 26, 2009
- Sep 13, 2017
- Sep 10, 2013
- Dec 29, 2010
- Ohio Supreme Court Issues Important Decision on the Use of Fictitious Names as “Placeholders” in SuitsJul 26, 2010
J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 1999
B.A., John Carroll University, 1996
- State of Ohio, 1999
- State of Michigan, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Ohio, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth District, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2016