Hugh Bode joined Reminger Co., L.P.A. in 1976 as a clerk-investigator. He now leads the firm's Products Liability Department. Hugh specializes in the representation of manufacturers of motor vehicles, machinery, chemicals and consumer products. He has successfully tried over 130 jury trials in courts throughout Ohio and in many other states. He lists among his successes several of the most significant automotive product's liability cases tried in the last 20 years.
In addition to trial work, Hugh also represents manufacturers before the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission and other administrative agencies. In that capacity he has formulated and managed nationwide corrective action campaigns.
Hugh is a Sustaining Member of the Products Liability Advisory Council. He has lectured on products liability issues to engineering students at The Ohio State University and executives at the European School of Management and Technology, Schloß Gracht.
Honors & Recognitions
Rated AV® Preeminent™: Very Highly Rated in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards by Martindale Hubbell Peer Review
Recognized as a Super Lawyer in Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Author:'Expert Evidence, A Practitioner's Guide to Law, Science, and the FJC Manual' Chapter 5 - Guide to Survey Research
Community & Professional
Product Liability Advisory Council
- May 28, 2015, Affirmed6th Cir. Court of Appeals
Maxitrate Tratamento Termico E Controles, et al. v. Hedman
Appellate court affirmed trial court’s dismissal in an insurance coverage dispute.
- Mar 17, 2009, Defense VerdictClayton - GA
Defense of auto liability design wrongful death claim
- Oct 24, 2007, Defense VerdictAshtabula
Defense of catastrophic brain injury auto design liabiity claim.
- Press Release, Nov 27, 2019
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2019
- Press Release, Dec 5, 2018
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2018
- Press Release, Dec 6, 2017
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2017
- Press Release, Dec 2, 2016
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2016
- Press Release, Dec 2, 2015
- Press Release, Aug 17, 2015
- Press Release, Dec 3, 2014
- Press Release, Aug 18, 2014
- Press Release, Mar 9, 2014
- Press Release, Dec 5, 2013
- Aug 16, 2013
- Press Release, Aug 24, 2012
- Press Release, Dec 16, 2011
- Press Release, Aug 31, 2011
J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 1978
B.A., Northwestern University, 1975
- State of Ohio, 1978
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1979
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2002
- State of Kentucky, 2003