Christine focuses her practice on medical malpractice cases including the defense of physicians, hospitals, pharmacists and other health care professionals. She has tried numerous complex cases over the years and finds herself at home in the courtroom.
Christine is also a frequent speaker to professionals on litigation-related topics. She has been honored by her peers as a leading attorney by “Best Lawyers in America” for Medical Malpractice-Defendants, and by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine as a Super Lawyer.
Honors & Recognitions
2017 YWCA of Greater Cleveland “Woman of Professional Excellence”
Listed in the Best Lawyers in America for Medical Malpractice Law-Defendants, since 2011
Recognized as a Super Lawyer by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine, including special recognition as Top 25 Women Cleveland and Top 50 Women Ohio
Community & Professional
YWCA of Greater Cleveland Board of Directors
Ohio Women's Bar Association
-Chair, Judicial Selection Committee
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
-Executive Committee Member of Judicial Candidates Rating Coalition, “Judge 4 Yourself”
Ohio State Bar Association
American Board of Trial Advocates
- Oct 21, 2022, Defense VerdictCuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas
Defense of wrongful death medical negligence claim involving pulmonary embolism.
- Sep 23, 2022, Defense VerdictCuyahoga County
Defense of orthopedic surgical malpractice claim.
- Jul 7, 2022, Defense VerdictLake County Court, Ohio
Defense of medical negligence during bunionectomy.
- Jun 11, 2022, Defense VerdictWayne
Defense of wrongful death following a fall in the hospital.
- Feb 16, 2022, Dismissal Affirmed6th Circuit Court of Appeals
Affirming trial court’s dismissal of medical malpractice action brought against multiple hospitals and physicians.
- Mar 19, 2021, Defense VerdictLake County Court of Common Pleas
Represented urologists in a case involving complications with a penile implant surgery.
- Jul 26, 2019, Defense VerdictLake County
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice for failure to timely to diagnose necrotizing pancreatitis.
- Dec 14, 2018, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim
- Sep 14, 2017, Judgment Affirmed8th Appellate Dist
Beard v. St. Vincent Charity Hospital
Plaintiff appealed defense verdict in medical negligence claim
- Jan 20, 2017, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of workers’ compensation claim
- Nov 18, 2016, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of medical malpractice following complications with bariatric surgery
- Oct 22, 2015, Defense VerdictStark
Defense of obstetrical medical malpractice claim involving stillborn child
- Jun 16, 2015, Denied, Court of Appeals Judgment affirmedOhio Supreme Court
State of Ohio ex. rel. Sherwood Lacroix v. Industrial Commission of Ohio and GMRI, Inc.
Plaintiff appealed adverse court of appeals decision re permanent total disability requests writ of mandamus to require Industrial Commission to issue order in his favor.
- Sep 16, 2014, Directed VerdictCuyahoga
- Super Lawyers Magazine, Dec 30, 2021
- Aug 19, 2021
- Press Release, Dec 8, 2020
- Press Release, Aug 20, 2020
- Press Release, Nov 27, 2019
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2019
- Press Release, Dec 5, 2018
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2018
- Allison McMeechan, Jeanne Mullin, and Christine Santoni Featured in Crain's Cleveland 'Notable Women in Law' IssueMay 14, 2018
- Press Release, Dec 6, 2017
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2017
- Press Release, Jun 2, 2017
- Press Release, Dec 2, 2016
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2016
- Press Release, Dec 2, 2015
- Press Release, Aug 17, 2015
- Press Release, Aug 18, 2014
- Press Release, May 11, 2014
- Aug 16, 2013
- Press Release, Aug 24, 2012
- Press Release, Aug 31, 2011
- Preparing for Voir DireNational Business Institute CLE Seminar, Cleveland, OH, Nov 20, 2014
- OSIA Conference-SponsorCincinnati, Jun 18, 2014
- Daubert Challenges and the Admissibility of Expert TestimonyAmerican Board of Trial Advocates Master in Trial Seminar - Columbus, OH, Sep 20, 2013
- Social Media Exposures in the WorkplaceSignature Health, Inc. In-House Seminar - Willoughby, OH, Mar 20, 2012
- Presenting Expert Witness Testimony in CourtFederal Bar Association - Cleveland, OH, Aug 24, 2011
- Capacity and Competency in Elder Law - Cleveland Marshall Law Alumnae AssociationCleveland, OH, Feb 26, 2011
- Will Contests - Gilbride Insurance Consultants CLE SeminarIndependence, OH, Nov 11, 2010
- Opening Statements In Trial - 2010 Trial Advocacy Institute - Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Assn & National Institute Of Trial AdvocacyCleveland, OH, Oct 1, 2010
- "Adult Adoption and Beneficiary Status, the Current State of Ohio Law"- 2010- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.Cleveland,OH, Apr 24, 2010
- "The Tale of Charitable Contribution in Today's Economic Times", Great Lakes Higher Education SymposiumCase Western Reserve University, Feb 3, 2010
- Twittering, Friending, Linking and Blogging: the Legal ImplicationsNov 17, 2009
- Resolving Estate, Will and Trust ContestsMay 6, 2009
- Probate Litigation Issues, Cleveland Marshall Law Alumni Association CLECleveland, Ohio, Feb 23, 2008
- The Physician's Response to DNR Orders, Holzer Medical CenterColumbus, OH, Oct 12, 2007
- Proving Damages, Ohio State Bar Association CLE SeminarCleveland, Ohio, Oct 11, 2007
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Bar Journal Vol. 5, No. 8 – March 2013, Mar 18, 2013
- Female Perspective in a Woman Friendly FirmThe Gavel Cleveland State University College of Law - Winter 2013 Edition, Mar 8, 2013
- Implications For Employers on EEOC's Final GINA RegulationsEmployment Practices Group E-Newsletter - Summer 2011, Jul 1, 2011
J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, cum laude, 1993
- Managing Editor, Cleveland-Marshall Law Review, 1993
B.A., Loyola University of New Orleans, cum laude, 1989
- State of Ohio, 1993