J.D., University of Toledo, cum laude, 2013
Master of Science, American University, 2009
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, Ohio Wesleyan University, 2005
- State of Michigan, 2013
- State of Ohio, 2016
Brittany practices in Reminger’s Toledo Office. She handles a wide range of civil defense litigation matters including medical malpractice, professional liability, D&O and employment practices, trucking and commercial transportation, commercial litigation, general casualty/excess surplus lines, and probate and trust litigation.
Prior to joining Reminger, Brittany practiced in the state of Michigan and gained experienced in the areas of employment and labor law, trust and probate litigation, criminal defense, and general civil litigation.
Honors & Recognitions
Order of the Barristers, 2013
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Monroe County Bar Association
Michigan State Bar Association
"Our claims team was very impressed with Brittany's daily case handling, aggressive and strategic mediation performance and overall acumen."
-Rob, Director of Litigation Services
- Terree Walton v. Renhill Group, Inc.September 26, 2019, Finding of No Probable Cause/DismissalOhio Civil Right Commission – Toledo, OH
Represented staffing service company in charge alleging discrimination based on race, sex and retaliation.
- August 2, 2019, Directed verdict affirmed on appealLucas
Plaintiff/Appellant appealed a directed verdict dismissing all Defendants as Plaintiff failed to prove both defendants were liable of tortious conduct as required to apply the doctrine of alternative liability.
- April 29, 2019, Summary Judgment Affirmed on AppealWood
Plaintiff/Appellant claimed she slipped and fell on spilled sour cream in the cooler section at Dollar General and incurred injury.
- Elizabeth Harris v. Renhill Staffing Services, LLCApril 26, 2019, Finding of No Probable Cause/DismissalOCRC
Represented staffing service company in charge alleging termination as result of a disability.
- Michelle Murphy v. MAC CosmeticsOctober 26, 2018, Finding For DefendantToledo
Arbitration defense of personal injuries related to negligent application of cosmetics by an employee.
- D. Isbell v. Dollar GeneralOctober 1, 2018, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedWood
Defense of premises liability personal injury claim
- C. Holman v. Columbia Gas of Ohio, Miller Pipeline Corporation and Perciles GrivanosSeptember 20, 2018, Directed VerdictLucas County Court of Common Pleas
Defense of personal injury and property damage claim and alleged negligence, assault and battery and conversion.
- Richard Kronsperger v. Marco’s Pizza, Blaine Washington and Tyler SchneiderNovember 14, 2017, Defense VerdictLucas
Defense of commercial auto liability personal injury claim
- Daniel and Teresa Diehl v. Dish NetworkNovember 3, 2017, Finding For DefendantLima Municipal Court
Arbitration defense of negligent installation causing damage to real property
- Wa-El Nasser v. Renhill GroupOctober 12, 2017, Finding For DefendantOhio Civil Right Commission – Toledo, OH
Defense of gender discrimination and retaliatory discharge by former employee
- Debra Mulford v. Todd NyeSeptember 8, 2017, Divorce and custody awardedLucas
Prosecution of divorce and custody dispute
- Sidney Byrd v. Medline Industries, Inc.May 19, 2017, Defense VerdictLucas
Arbitration defense of medical device (rolling walker) product liability personal injury claim (Nixon & Co.)
- Mark Hanusz v. Dish NetworkMay 19, 2017, Defense VerdictLucas
Arbitration defense of property damage claim against media service supplier
- S. Byrd v. MedlineMarch 1, 2017, Finding For DefendantLucas
Arbitration defense of products personal injury liability claim
- N. Pelmear v. WalmartOctober 12, 2016, Finding For DefenseHenry
Arbitration defense of commercial services property damage liability claim
- T. DeHaven, et al v. F. Fotouhi, M.D., et al.February 3, 2016, Defense VerdictAllen
Defense of catastrophic cardiothoracic surgical negligence case
- Press Release, December 5, 2018
- Press Release, May 2, 2016