Acacia has devoted her legal career to representing health care professionals and institutions and is proud to do so. She has extensive experience in complex medical malpractice and long-term care matters. She has successfully represented physicians, nurses, hospitals, and long-term care facilities in state and federal courts throughout Ohio. Acacia believes in the scouring of every word in the medical records and a thorough review of the medical literature, because it allows the defense to bring the fight to the opposing party.
When not in the courtroom, Acacia also brings her legal expertise to small business owners, including craft breweries, in protecting their intellectual property, negotiating distribution agreements, and navigating the Ohio liquor control laws. She has assisted multiple clients negotiate multi-million-dollar transactions.
Acacia is a shareholder in Reminger’s Columbus office, and has litigated cases in state and federal court throughout Ohio. She has experience handling all aspects of litigation, including pre-suit investigation, pleadings, discovery, motion practice, trial preparation and trial.
Acacia graduated with distinction from Ohio Northern University’s law school, and served as the Law Review Symposium Editor from 2010-2011. During law school, Acacia clerked for an insurance defense law firm and worked as a judicial extern for the Southern District of Ohio for the honorable Gregory L. Frost and also as a judicial extern for the Ohio Third District Court of Appeals for the honorable Richard Rogers.
Aside from her legal practice, Acacia serves as Co-Chair of Reminger's Women's Leadership Council, and is active in the legal community as a member of the Columbus Bar Association, and Ohio Women's Bar Association. Additionally, she is on the board of directors of Ohio’s first certified B-Corp. brewery, Commonhouse Ales. Acacia is originally from Pataskala, Ohio, where her family operates a large horse farm. Acacia continues to participate in the equine industry as an active rider with the United States Equestrian Federation.
Obtained affirmation of summary judgment from 10th district Court of appeals in defense of $1M breach of contract claim levied against estate and trust by former business associate.
Obtained jury trial, defense verdict on behalf of OB/GYM in case alleging permanent brachial plexus injury due to shoulder dystocia.
Obtained jury trial, defense verdict on behalf of internal medicine/attending physician in wrongful death case of a 33-year-old from pulmonary embolus.
Obtained jury trial, defense verdict on behalf of neuroradiologist alleging failure to recognize indications of spinal epidural abscess on MRI.
Negotiated $7.5M distribution rights agreement for prominent beer distributor client with major manufacturer
Negotiated $6.8M distribution rights transfer agreement for prominent beer distributor client with major national distributor.
Obtained and maintain federal trademark protection with the United States Patent and Trademark Office for various small business owners, including craft breweries, clothing companies, and ballistic target practice companies.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch for Labor and Employment Law - Management, Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants, and Professional Malpractice Law
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Community & Professional
Columbus Bar Association
Ohio Women's Bar Association
United States Equestrian Federation
-Member and Active Rider
4word Columbus, a 501(c)(3) faith based organization for professional women
My Sister's Place, a 501(c)(3) created to provide safe and sober housing for women in transition
-Former Member of Board of Directors
- Nov 1, 2019, Defense VerdictFranklin County Court of Common Pleas
Defense of medical malpractice wrongful death claim alleging failure to obtain cardiac workup in hospitalized patient with risk factors for coronary artery disease.
- Aug 22, 2019, Defense VerdictU.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
Defense of medical malpractice claim against neuroradiologist alleging failure to recognize indications of spinal epidural abscess on MRI.
- Jun 5, 2019, Defense VerdictJefferson County Court of Common Pleas
Defended internal medicine/ attending physician in case alleging wrongful death of 33 year old high school track coach from pulmonary embolus.
- Sep 20, 2018, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedFranklin County Court of Common Pleas
Defense of medical malpractice claim for alleged failure to diagnose subdural hematoma.
- Apr 13, 2018, Defense VerdictDelaware
Defense of medical malpractice intensive care unit claim
- Jan 19, 2018, Defense VerdictFairfield County Court of Common Pleas
Defense of obstetrician in medical malpractice brachial plexus injury claim.
- Feb 14, 2017, Summary Judgment Affirmed10th Appellate Dist
Amy Greenberg et al. v. Sherri Heyman-Silbiger, exec., et al.
Defense of $1M breach of contract claim levied against estate and trust by former business associate.
- Jan 17, 2017, Defense VerdictFairfield County Court of Common Pleas
Defended OB/GYN in case alleging permanent brachial plexus injury due to shoulder dystocia.
- Oct 13, 2016, Defense VerdictFranklin
Defense of dental malpractice
- Super Lawyers Magazine, Dec 30, 2021
- Aug 19, 2021
- Press Release, Dec 8, 2020
- Aug 27, 2020
- Press Release, Dec 5, 2018
- Crain's Cleveland Business, Apr 1, 2018
- Press Release, Jan 4, 2018
- Press Release, Jun 15, 2017
- Press Release, May 22, 2017
- Press Release, Mar 24, 2015
- Sharing our Experience: How Women's Initiatives Can Impact Your Legal Practice SettingColumbus, OH, Jun 15, 2018
- Top 15 Legal Pitfalls for Breweries in Trademarks, Secrets and Non-CompetesCleveland, OH, Jan 25, 2017
- Trademarks, Trade Secrets and Non CompetesOhio Craft Brewers’ Association’s Annual Meeting, Columbus, OH, Jun 7, 2016
- Ohio Landlord Tenant Law, ADA and Fair Housing Act – Fundamentals for Property ManagersShowe Management Corp., Worthington, OH, Mar 10, 2016
- Navigating Trademark LawOhio Craft Brews Association Annual Meeting, Dayton, OH, Feb 3, 2016
- The Employer and Employee Estate Planning BenefitsBudenheim USA, Inc., Columbus, OH, Oct 28, 2015
- Urology Times, Nov 30, 2021
- Urology Times, Oct 3, 2021
- Urology Times, Jun 1, 2021
- Urology Times, May 20, 2021
- Apr 26, 2021
- Urology Times, Mar 26, 2021
- Urology Times, Nov 19, 2020
- Urology Times, 2020
- Urology Times, Aug 2020
- Urology Times, Jun 2020
- Urology Times, Apr 2020
- Urology Times, Jan 2020
- Urology Times, Aug 2019
- Urology Times, Jun 2019
- Urology Times, Apr 2019
- Urology Times, Mar 2019
- Urology Times, Jan 2019
- Urology Times, October 2018 Issue , Oct 2018
- Urology Times, August 2018 Issue, Aug 2018
- Columbus Bar Lawyers Quarterly, Jul 2016
- Aug 10, 2021
- May 20, 2021
- Jan 20, 2021
- Mississippi District Court Halts Implementation of New CMS Rule Banning Use of Arbitration Agreements in Long-Term Care FacilitiesNov 15, 2016
- Ohio Court Reaffirms The Duty And Liability Of An Owner To An Independent Contractor Involving An Inherently Dangerous CircumstanceNov 2, 2016
- Oct 11, 2016
- Aug 29, 2016
- Aug 17, 2016
- Mar 29, 2016
- Oct 26, 2015
J.D., Ohio Northern University, Graduation with Distinction, 2011
-Symposium Editor, Ohio Northern Law Review, 2010-2011
B.A., English, University of North Florida, Summa Cum Laude, 2007
- State of Ohio, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2012