J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 2018
B.S., Ohio University, 2015
- State of Ohio, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2019
My goal is to make each and every client feel like they have an advocate at every step of the legal process—an advocate who will fight for their best interest and give them peace of mind by providing thorough, dedicated and efficient representation.
Aaren is based in Reminger Co., LPA’s Cleveland office, where her practice focuses on a variety of areas including appellate practice, insurance coverage defense, professional liability, and general liability. Aaren joined Reminger as a law clerk in 2017 and has honed her skills in each stage of litigation, including pleadings, various motion practice, discovery, trial, post-trial motions and appeals.
Aaren graduated cum laude from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 2018, where she competed as a member of Cleveland-Marshall’s Moot Court Team for two years. Aaren’s team finished 1st overall in the August A. Rendigs, Jr. National Products Liability Moot Court Competition. While at Cleveland-Marshall, Aaren worked as judicial extern to the Honorable Chief Justice Maureen O’Connor, learning and observing the Ohio Supreme Court’s discretionary review process first hand.
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Ohio State Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- January 2, 2020, Judgment Affirmed8th Appellate Dist
Appellate court affirms trial court’s dismissal of plaintiff’s legal malpractice claim, finding that defendant-attorney exercised sound professional judgment.
- Snyder v. Orange Board of Ed.September 19, 2019, Judgment Affirmed8th Dist. Cuyahoga No. 108077, 2019-Ohio-3774
Employment discrimination claim dismissed by trial court by way of summary judgment motion practice and affirmed by appellate court on appeal.
- Plaintiff-Client vs. Attorney-DefendantSeptember 5, 2019, Complaint dismissed with prejudiceCuyahoga
Time-barred legal malpractice complaint dismissed in its entirety following a grant of defendant-attorney’s motion for judgment on the pleadings 171 days after receipt of assignment.
- Plaintiff v. Attorney-DefendantMay 17, 2019, Dismissal of complaintCuyahoga
Defense of legal malpractice claim against appellate attorney alleging a failure to object to the State's submission of inadmissible exhibits into the appellate file.
- Sergii Prysiazhniuk v. International Insurance Group, Inc.May 16, 2019, Directed VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of insurance agent E&O claim arising out of motor vehicle accident.
- Introducing Zachary R. Durant, Aaren Host, and Matthew J. TurkaljPress Release, December 19, 2018
- Sixth Circuit Holds that Discrimination Based on Transgender Status is Considered Sex Discrimination Under Title VIIThe Reminger Report: A Review of Significant ’18 Cases CLE, Cleveland, OH, December 7, 2018
- Ohio Supreme Court Holds Punitive Damages Not Recoverable in Breach of Contract ActionThe Reminger Report: A Review of Significant ’18 Cases CLE, Cleveland, OH, December 7, 2018
- In Ohio, Electronic Classrooms Must Demonstrate Actual Student Participation to Receive FundingThe Reminger Report: A Review of Significant ’18 Cases CLE, Cleveland, OH, December 7, 2018
- Not All Teacher Contracts Are Equal: Municipal School Districts’ Boards of Education Granted More Autonomy Than Their Non-Municipal CounterpartsBy Aaren HostJune 26, 2019
- By Aaren HostJanuary 22, 2019