Adam M. Fried, Co-Chair of Reminger's Estates, Trusts, and Probate Litigation Practice Group, has been recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine in more ways than one this year. Not only has Adam been listed once again as a Super Lawyer in their 2020 issue, Adam has also attained special recognition as "Top 50 Cleveland" and "Top 100 Ohio." He also was profiled by the magazine in the article entitled "Don't Bother Looking for Hiccups in Adam Fried's Trial Prep."Read More ›
Adriann McGee authored "Revisiting Ohio's Harmless Error Statute - Saving Grace or Unintended Loophole" in the July/August 2019 Issue of the Probate Law Journal of Ohio.Read More ›
Between 2013 and 2017, financial institutions have reported to the federal government over 180,000 suspicious activities targeting older adults, involving a total of more than $6 billion. In 2017 alone, banks and other financial institutions filed approximately 63,500 reports with the U.S. Department of Treasury regarding suspected financial exploitation of older adults. That number has continued to rise. The full report by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau can be found here. These are only the reported figures. A 2017 World Health Organization study determined that 1 in 6 adults over 60 was the victim of some form of exploitation or abuse. Because of the feelings of shame and embarrassment that inevitably comes from being duped, and because of other circumstances where the person may not even know he or she is being exploited, these numbers are most likely low.Read More ›
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce that Timothy J. Gallagher has joined our Cleveland, Ohio office.
Tim focuses his practice on legal matters involving probate, guardianship, trust, and estate administration. Tim represents trustees and executors of estates, creating flexible plans to meet their needs. Tim's experience in the area of probate and trust administration includes the drafting of estate plans for both individuals and families, and assisting them through the probate process. He also advises institutions on a variety of trust administration issues.Read More ›
Lexis Nexis claims that 55% of American adults do not have a last will and testament or some kind of an estate plan. This means that more than half of American estates have their personal assets pass via intestacy - without a will and pursuant to the statutory scheme of the state where they live.Read More ›
- Ohio’s Response to COVID-19 Impacting Probate/Trust Law and the Courts
- Estate Planning in Light of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- In re Estate of Shaffer – Does the Voiding Statute Apply to Non-Conforming Wills?
- Adam M. Fried Scheduled to Speak at 2020 The Ohio American College of Trust and Estate Counsel Fellow Meeting
- Timothy Gallagher and Paul Shugar Author Article for January/February 2020 Issue of Probate Law Journal of Ohio
- Attorney Ethics Investigation Uncovers Financial Abuse
- Franklin Malemud Authors Article for November/December 2019 Issue of Probate Law Journal of Ohio
- Adam M. Fried Profiled in Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
- Reminger's Estates and Trusts Groups Ranked by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers in 2020 Best Law Firms List
- Adriann McGee Authors Article for July/August 2019 Issue of Probate Law Journal of Ohio