Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to host the first annual Advanced Probate Law Institute with the Columbus Bar Association. Please join our seasoned Estates, Trusts, and Probate Litigation attorneys for an in-depth review of the latest topics concerning complex probate disputes. This live CLE program will include lunch and a networking cocktail hour. You can also join us virtually by live streaming.
2022 Reminger Co. LPA Advanced Probate Law Institute - Reviewing All Aspects of a Complex Probate Litigation Dispute
Investigation and Economics of a Probate Case - Jessica Forrest, Esq. & Mary Kraft, Esq.
Investigating undue influence claims / considerations in determining whether to take on an undue influence case
What Does it Cost to Get a Probate Dispute to Trial?
Deposition Practice and Cross Examination: Proving (or Disproving) an Undue Influence Case - Adam Fried, Esq.
Utilize deposition transcripts and video clips to illustrate how to build or defend a case of undue influence through deposition practice.
Settlement Considerations - Adriann McGee, Esq.
Valuation of the case
Risk of loss
Considerations of bad and good facts
Probate Litigation Involving Commercial Issues - Paul Shugar, Esq.
Review probate’s intersection with commercial issues with family businesses managed through a trust.
Case study of the sale of Denver Broncos
Probate Litigation Ethics - Nicholas Sebastiano, Esq. & Shana DeMooy, Esq.
Gathering Information and Responding to Requests
Preventing Estate Provisions
Working with Diminished Clients
Responding to Subpoenas
Guardianships, Pink Slips, and Involuntary Civil Commitments - Phillip Fierst, Esq. (Probate/Estate Attorney at Fierst Law Office)
Involuntary Civil Commitments (and Forces Medications)
Guardianships: what they are, how they work, and how they overlap (or don’t) with pink-slips and involuntary civil commitments
View from the Bench - Benjamin Suffron, III – Probate Magistrate (Delaware County) & Kelly Green – Chief Probate Magistrate (Franklin County)
Hot Topics from the Probate Court such as Contested Guardianships and Discovery Disputes
- Welcome, Michael Brody!
- Changing Addresses with the USPS… not so fast
- Family Disputes can Wreak Havoc with Estate Planning
- 13 Reminger Estate & Trust Attorneys Recognized in 2024 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
- New Rules of Civil Procedure for 2023
- Avoiding Probate Litigation: Attorneys Can Help Families Prevent Costly Disputes
- Confidentiality and Privilege in Post-Death Disputes: Is it time to Tweak R.C. 2317.02?
- Adriann McGee and Mary Kraft Obtain Jury Verdict and Attorney Fees in Breach of Fiduciary Case Involving Power of Attorney Abuse
- Cleveland Jewish News goes one-on-one with Adam Fried
- Analysis of the Amendments to Ohio Rule of Superintendence Rule 66