- Posts by Russell J. Meraglio, Jr.
Russ is a shareholder and chair of Reminger's Guardianships practice group and Mediation/Arbitration practice group. He has been an attorney with Reminger since 1988.
Russ is frequently called on to handle disputes between ...
Res judicata, literally meaning "a matter [already] judged," is a prudential doctrine that is meant to ensure the finality of judgments and conserve judicial resources by protecting litigants from multiple litigation involving the same claims or issues. When one court has already resolved the merits of a case, another court will not revisit them.
Recently, Reminger attorneys Russell J. Meraglio, Jr. Franklin C. Malemud, and Timothy J. Gallagher represented an attorney who was appointed by the Cuyahoga County Probate Court to serve as successor trustee over a trust. The removed ... Read More ›
The impact of the Coronavirus Pandemic on our daily lives creates an opportune moment to address your estate/trust litigation dispute. Whether because of the Ohio Supreme Court’s emergency orders extending deadlines and case management orders, or the recognition by litigating parties that there are far more important things in life than being locked in costly and difficult litigation, a unique moment is upon us to settle time consuming and costly disputes. Often, however, an intermediary (mediator) is needed to help get the matter settled. Reminger’s estate settlement group is available to assist and serve in that role. Read More ›
Twenty-four Reminger attorneys were included on the 2018 Best Lawyers in America© list, including 17 from our Cleveland office, four from our Columbus office, two from our Sandusky office, and one from our Cincinnati office. Of that group, four were honored in the category of Litigation-Trusts and Estates, and Trusts and Estates.Read More ›
- 2021 Recap: Ohio Legislative & Case Law Updates
- Reminger Estate & Trust Attorneys Recognized in 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®
- Trust Lawsuits Dismissed by both Ohio and Federal Courts on Res Judicata Grounds
- Free Britney!?: Can Britney Spears Free Herself?
- Estate and Tax Planning Alert: Potential for Reduced Federal Estate & Gift Tax Exemption Amounts
- Free Britney!?: The Conservatorship of Britney Spears
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
- Ohio Probate Law Journal Article May/June 2021
- E-Book: Should I Challenge My Inheritance?
- New Probate Legislation Expands Guardian Powers, Clarifies Spousal Rights