- Posts by Leon A. Weiss
Leon has over fifty years of experience in trust and estate litigation, will contests, fiduciary law, probate administration and estate planning. He is a nationally renowned attorney in his field and has been selected as a 'Best ...
On September 29, 2020, the Ohio Tenth District Court of Appeals affirmed a trust-arbitration award in Hughes v. Hughes, 2020-Ohio-4653.
This is one of the first, if not the first, trust arbitration cases to make its way through Ohio Courts. The Ohio legislature recognized arbitration as an option for trust dispute resolution with the March 2019 enactment of Ohio Revised Code Section 5802.05. Here, the parties commenced arbitration in July 2018, and the arbitration hearing took place in October 2018. The Arbitrator issued his decision that same month, and the award was carried out by ... Read More ›
The impact of the Coronavirus Pandemic on our daily lives creates an opportune moment to address your estate/trust litigation dispute. Whether because of the Ohio Supreme Court’s emergency orders extending deadlines and case management orders, or the recognition by litigating parties that there are far more important things in life than being locked in costly and difficult litigation, a unique moment is upon us to settle time consuming and costly disputes. Often, however, an intermediary (mediator) is needed to help get the matter settled. Reminger’s estate settlement group is available to assist and serve in that role. Read More ›
One advantage of using a trust for estate planning is privacy. The probate process is generally all a matter of public record for any inquiring mind. Trusts, though intended to be more private, can become public when disputes arise that pull the administration into court. But a new Ohio law is changing that.Read More ›
Twenty-four Reminger attorneys were included on the 2018 Best Lawyers in America© list, including 17 from our Cleveland office, four from our Columbus office, two from our Sandusky office, and one from our Cincinnati office. Of that group, four were honored in the category of Litigation-Trusts and Estates, and Trusts and Estates.Read More ›
- Ohio Court Affirms Trust-Arbitration Award
- Know What You Have: Codicil Cannot Amend an Earlier Trust
- Changes to Ohio’s Rules of Civil Procedure Effective July 1, 2020
- Mediation: An Alternative Approach to Estate and Trust Controversies in the Time of Coronavirus
- You Can Count on Reminger During These Uncertain Times
- Ohio’s Response to COVID-19 Impacting Probate/Trust Law and the Courts
- Estate Planning in Light of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- In re Estate of Shaffer – Does the Voiding Statute Apply to Non-Conforming Wills?
- Adam M. Fried Scheduled to Speak at 2020 The Ohio American College of Trust and Estate Counsel Fellow Meeting
- Timothy Gallagher and Paul Shugar Author Article for January/February 2020 Issue of Probate Law Journal of Ohio