- Posts by Leon A. Weiss
Leon has over fifty years of experience in trust and estate litigation, will contests, fiduciary law, probate administration and estate planning. He is a nationally renowned attorney in his field and has been selected as a 'Best ...
We are proud to announce that 41 of our Trust & Estate attorneys were honored as 2022 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
- Adam Fried (also recognized as a Top 50 Cleveland and Top 100 Ohio attorney)
- Franklin Malemud
- Russell Meraglio, Jr.
- Leon Weiss
- Timothy Gallagher
- Paul Shugar
On September 29, 2020, the Ohio Tenth District Court of Appeals affirmed a trust-arbitration award in Hughes v. Hughes, 2020-Ohio-4653.
This is one of the first, if not the first, trust arbitration cases to make its way through Ohio Courts. The Ohio legislature recognized arbitration as an option for trust dispute resolution with the March 2019 enactment of Ohio Revised Code Section 5802.05. Here, the parties commenced arbitration in July 2018, and the arbitration hearing took place in October 2018. The Arbitrator issued his decision that same month, and the award was carried out by ... Read More ›
The impact of the Coronavirus Pandemic on our daily lives creates an opportune moment to address your estate/trust litigation dispute. Whether because of the Ohio Supreme Court’s emergency orders extending deadlines and case management orders, or the recognition by litigating parties that there are far more important things in life than being locked in costly and difficult litigation, a unique moment is upon us to settle time consuming and costly disputes. Often, however, an intermediary (mediator) is needed to help get the matter settled. Reminger’s estate settlement group is available to assist and serve in that role. Read More ›
One advantage of using a trust for estate planning is privacy. The probate process is generally all a matter of public record for any inquiring mind. Trusts, though intended to be more private, can become public when disputes arise that pull the administration into court. But a new Ohio law is changing that.Read More ›
Twenty-four Reminger attorneys were included on the 2018 Best Lawyers in America© list, including 17 from our Cleveland office, four from our Columbus office, two from our Sandusky office, and one from our Cincinnati office. Of that group, four were honored in the category of Litigation-Trusts and Estates, and Trusts and Estates.Read More ›
- Reminger Estate & Trust Attorneys Recognized in 2022 Edition of Super Lawyers
- In Brief: Ohio Estate & Probate Litigation Updates November 2021
- Consult Attorney When Considering a Financial Gift
- Taylor Smoske Joins Reminger's Estate and Probate Litigation Team
- P. Nicholas Sebastiano Joins Reminger's Estate and Probate Litigation Team
- Reminger Named a Tier 1 Firm for Trusts & Estates by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” in 2022
- Be Careful What You Gift For
- In Brief: Ohio Estate & Probate Litigation Updates October 2021
- Adam Fried Testifies to the Ohio House Civil Justice Committee Regarding Remote Witnessing of Wills
- 2021 Recap: Ohio Legislative & Case Law Updates