Adam M. Fried, Co-Chair of Reminger Co., LPA's Estate and Trust Litigation Practice Group, has been invited to lecture to the Ohio Fellows of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) on the subject of extrinsic evidence and fiduciary litigation. This presentation complements the one Adam gave previously to the Ohio Probate Judges Association at their annual conference in June 2019.
The questions to be addressed at this lecture include the state of the law associated with ambiguities in wills and trusts, and mechanisms available to prove a testator's intent when a review of the four corners of the instrument does not provide sufficient guidance to enable the interpretation of the meaning of the words used.
ACTEC is an organization of trust and estate lawyers and law professors who have been elected by their peers in recognition of having made outstanding contributions to the practice of trust and estate law.
ACTEC has more than 2,500 members (called Fellows) who practice throughout the United States, Canada and other countries. To qualify for membership, a lawyer must have no less than 10 years experience in the active practice of probate and trust law or estate planning. Lawyers and law professors are elected to be Fellows based on their outstanding reputation, exceptional skill, and substantial contributions to the field by lecturing, writing, teaching and participating in bar activities. It is their aim to improve and reform probate, trust and tax laws, procedures, and professional responsibility.
- Estate Planning in Light of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- In re Estate of Shaffer – Does the Voiding Statute Apply to Non-Conforming Wills?
- Adam M. Fried Scheduled to Speak at 2020 The Ohio American College of Trust and Estate Counsel Fellow Meeting
- Timothy Gallagher and Paul Shugar Author Article for January/February 2020 Issue of Probate Law Journal of Ohio
- Attorney Ethics Investigation Uncovers Financial Abuse
- Franklin Malemud Authors Article for November/December 2019 Issue of Probate Law Journal of Ohio
- Adam M. Fried Profiled in Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
- Reminger's Estates and Trusts Groups Ranked by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers in 2020 Best Law Firms List
- Adriann McGee Authors Article for July/August 2019 Issue of Probate Law Journal of Ohio
- Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late: Creditor Claims Strictly Interpreted (Again)