- Ft. Mitchell
Practice Group Attorneys
- Vincent Antaki
- Laurie Avery
- Hugh Bode
- Anthony Catanzarite
- Adam Davis
- John Dunn
- Kenneth Finley
- Michael Gilbride
- Gregory Guice
- Daniel Haude
- Robert Hojnoski
- Anthony Holton
- David Hudson
- Houston Hum
- Jennifer Jabroski
- Thomas Kilbane
- Nathan Lennon
- Frank Leonetti, III
- Lauren Lunsford
- Erica Maar
- Mark MacDonald
- Michael Mahon
- Rafael McLaughlin
- Danny Merril Newman Jr.
- Robert Ott
- Anthony Pernice
- Zachary Pyers
- Matthew Schrader
- Jade Stewart
- Trevor Wells
- Thomas Wolf
- Robert Yallech
Reminger's Product Liability Practice Group represents manufacturers, importers, and distributors of various products including automobiles, boats, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and industrial machinery.
Nationally recognized, we serve major multi-national corporations as well as small market entrepreneurs. Members of this practice group are admitted to the bar in Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, Tennessee, Michigan and Indiana.
Our attorneys have successfully tried to verdict cases with 'bet the company' exposure and national media attention. Their technical expertise and advocacy abilities obtain outstanding results at trial, during discovery and in mediations and negotiations. They are known personally to the scientific community and are able to obtain the assistance of prominent, highly qualified consultants in the physical and material sciences.
In addition to the typical products case, our attorneys have appeared before the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission to address the broad based issues concerning product recalls and nationwide corrective action programs.
Our Group distinguishes itself from our competition in four basic ways:
- Dedicated client service. Our Practice Protocol™ requires ours attorneys to contact the client or the insurer within 24 hours after receipt of the assignment. We will locate the product involved and arrange for its preservation within one week. Within two weeks we will have obtained sufficient information about damages to allow a reasonable evaluation of exposure. Within days, we will be prepared to provide an initial analytical report, case strategy, and projected budget.
- Philosophy of Practice. Reminger's Products Liability attorneys are trial lawyers, rather than 'litigators.' Once we collaborate with the client on a decision or objective on a case, we become proactive in resolving the matter in the least amount of time and at the least amount of expense.
- We are a good value. Our firm is a pioneer in 'alternative fee' arrangements with clients. If a client chooses to be charged by the hour, our rate is simple and straightforward. We use a singular, blended, net hourly rate, applicable to all handling attorneys. Our net rate is inclusive of all in-house, out-of-pocket expenses. Thus, there are no extra charges for such things as long distance telephone, mailings, mileage, computer usage research charges, fax, copies, etc.
- Value-added components. Our Products Liability Group members are available for complimentary consultation with both clients and insurers for input and counsel in areas of loss prevention, case evaluation, substantive law, expert retention, and claim management. Our in-house videoconferencing facilities and total firm electronic integration allows us to conduct interviews, discovery, and presentations with economic efficiency and unlimited reach.
Click here to download a copy of our Products Liability Summary of Law for Indiana.
Click here to download a copy of our Products Liability Summary of Law for Kentucky.
Click here to download a copy of our Products Liability Summary of Law for Ohio.
Representative Clients: American Honda Motor Co., Inc., Conair (Cuisinart), Gould, Inc., Heil Co., Hyundai, Kia Motors of America, Mannessman Demag AG, Mazda Motor America Inc., Mercedes Benz USA, Mitsubishi, Saint Gobain Corp, Subaru of America, Toyota Motor Sales USA, Volkswagen of America, Volvo Cars of North America, Wal-Mart, Wellcraft Marine
Insurance Carriers/TPAs: Allianz Insurance, Hartford, Tokyo Fire and Marine, Travelers
Reminger is proud to announce that U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® awarded the firm with a number of national and regional rankings. In addition, our Product Liability Litigation Practice Group was ranked as Metropolitan Cleveland Tier 1 for 2018.
- 25 of our attorneys have been recognized as Super Lawyers.
- 6 of our attorneys have been listed in Best Lawyers in America.
- Practice Group Leader Hugh Bode is a member of PLAC (Product Liability Advisory Committee).
- Indiana Insurance Co. as subrogee of Indian Ridge Golf Club vs. E-Z-GOAugust 25, 2017, Hung JuryButler County
Prosecution of subrogation action involving fire caused by product defect
- Sidney Byrd v. Medline Industries, Inc.May 19, 2017, Defense VerdictLucas
Arbitration defense of medical device (rolling walker) product liability personal injury claim (Nixon & Co.)
- S. Byrd v. MedlineMarch 1, 2017, Finding For DefendantLucas
Arbitration defense of products personal injury liability claim
- December 23, 2015, Motion to Dismiss GrantedLake
Defense of product liability claim
- James A. Martin v. Scientific Games CorporationsSeptember 28, 2015, Complaint dismissedShelby County, IN
Defense of product liability claim
- December 11, 2014, Judgment Affirmed8th Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in products liability personal injury claim
- Grennell v. HyundaiAugust 8, 2014, Finding for Defendant on all countsFranklin
Arbitration defense of lemon law an breach of express
- S. Culler v. WMK, Inc., et al.April 18, 2014, Motion to Dismiss GrantedCuyahoga
Defense of products liability matter
- Heiser v. Kia Motors America, Inc.April 2, 2014, Directed VerdictStark
Defense of breach of express and implied warranty and Consumer Sales Practices Act Claim product liability
- Richard Lee Dunlap v. Maren Engineering, et al.,September 10, 2013, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedMahoning
Defense of products liability personal injury claim
- Powell, et al. v. Tosh, et al.August 2, 2013, Motion to Decertify Case as Class Action (granted)U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
Class action claims for agricultural nuisance and product liability
- Matusoff v. Kia Motors AmericaApril 19, 2013, Defense VerdictMontgomery
Defense of breach of auto warranty and Lemon Law claim
- Powell, et al. v. Tosh, et al.March 8, 2013, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedU.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
Class action claims for agricultural nuisance and product liability
- Susan and Robert Rhodes v. Kia Motors AmericaFebruary 8, 2013, Defense VerdictSummit
Defense of products liability Lemon Law case
- Trisha Kearns-Rader et al. v. Kia Motors AmericaNovember 30, 2012, Favorable OutcomeFranklin
Defense of property damage products warranty lemon law liability claim
- Nicki Hawkins, et al., v. World Factory, et al.September 27, 2012, Judgment Affirmed5th Appellate Dist
Plaintiffs appealed adverse trial court judgment in products liability case
- G. Quinn v. Kia Motors of AmericaAugust 10, 2012, Finding For DefendantLucas
Arbitration defense of property damage products liability case
- Kevin Tucker, et al. v. WinnebagoMay 15, 2012, Defense VerdictFayette County, KY
Defense of product liability personal injury and property damage claim
- McCarthy v. Sterling Chemicals Inc., et al.February 25, 2011, Reversed1st Appellate Dist
Tank car manufacturer appeals trial court’s grant of new trial to personal injury plaintiff.
- C. Creighton v. National Tire & Battery Co.July 2, 2010, Finding For DefendantCuyahoga
Arbitration - Defense of property damage product liability claim
- Kirk Morris v. KAZ, Inc.November 18, 2009, Defense VerdictHamilton
Defense of products liability personal injury.
- M. Merew v. American HondaAugust 28, 2009, Plaintiff VerdictMuskingham
Defense of products liability claim of ATV purchase.
- E/O Kelly v. Honda Motor Corp.March 17, 2009, Defense VerdictClayton - GA
Defense of auto liability design wrongful death claim
- McCarthy v. Texana Tank Car & ManufacturingFebruary 4, 2009, Directed VerdictHamilton
Defense of catastrophic injury claim in products liability case
- Press Release, December 6, 2017
- Press Release, November 1, 2017
- February 3, 2017
- Press Release, November 1, 2016
- Press Release, June 8, 2016
- Press Release, December 2, 2015
- Press Release, November 23, 2015
- Press Release, November 13, 2015
- Press Release, November 2, 2015
- Press Release, November 3, 2014
- Press Release, May 11, 2011
- Lemon Law and Administrative Regulations Governing Motor Vehicle RepairsColumbus, OH, October 13, 2016
- Lemon Law, Motor Vehicle Repair Acts, and Federal Warranty Acts affecting the ConsumerGilbride Company CLE, Independence, OH, May 13, 2015
- Avoiding the Pitfalls of Ohio’s Consumer Sales Practices ActAutomotive Service Association of Ohio, Cincinnati, OH, November 12, 2014
- Common Mistakes that Lead to Liability for Automobile Dealers and Service CompaniesAutomotive Service Association of Ohio, Cincinnati, OH, November 12, 2014
- Pre-Suit Negotiations in Auto, Products Liability and Warranty ClaimsSeminar, Los Angeles, CA, April 24, 2014
- The Consumer Sales Practices Act and the Ramification for Practicing AttorneysCLE - Cleveland, OH, November 15, 2013
- Electronic DiscoveryBluegrass Claims Association - Lexington, KY, October 18, 2012
- Product Liability LawMoen Inc. in-house seminar - North Olmsted, OH, September 1, 2011
- DRI Products Liability Seminar - New Orleans, LA, April 8, 2011
- The Automobile "Lemon Law" and the need for service documentationJune 2, 2009
- The Lost Art of Voir DireMarch 27, 2009
- Products Liability Practice Group Newsletter, December 16, 2016
- June 26, 2015
- Newsletter, June 6, 2014
- Reminger Client Tools, November 15, 2013
- Reminger Products Liability Practice Group Spring/Summer Newsletter, June 21, 2013
- Published Case: Ford Motor Credit Co., et al. v. Ryan 189 Ohio App. 3d 560, 2010-Ohio-4601, May 2, 2011
- Ohio Products Liability Law MonographReminger Client Tools, April 1, 2011
- Kentucky Products Liability Law MonographReminger Client Tools, April 1, 2011
- 50 State Overview of Joint and Several LiabilityReminger Client Tool, December 1, 2010
- Zippo and Internet Activity , the New Language of Personal JurisdictionFor the Defense in-house Defense Counsel Quarterly-Defense Research Institute- April 2010, March 9, 2010
- "Discovery Rule" did not toll statute of limitations for claim arising out of work place chemical exposurePublished case Doane, et al. v. Givaudan Flavors Corp., et al. 184 Ohio App. 3d 26, 2009-Ohio-4989, January 18, 2010
- 50 State Survey of Statutes of Repose for Product Liability and Improvement to Real EstateDecember 1, 2009
- "Owner Not Required to Allege that Settlement Extinguished Manufacturer's and Seller's Liability in Cause of Action for Contribution Claim."May 27, 2009
- Ohio Tort Reform and Products LiabilityMay 13, 2009
- A User's Guide to the Medicare/Medicaid and SCHIP Extension Act of 2007May 4, 2009
- "A Trial Court May Allow Discovery to Go Forward in Relation to the Parties not Bound by Arbitration Agreement"Published case-Slusher v. Ohio Valley Propane Services 177 Ohio App. 3d 852, 2008-Ohio-41, December 8, 2008
- July 13, 2009
- March 19, 2008
- Ohio Supreme Court Clears up Definition of 'New Motor Vehicle' under Lemon Law and Reaffirms Implied Warranty Claim Requiring PrivityAugust 22, 2007