Miscellaneous Professional LiabilityPDF
The largest volume of claims resolved by our Miscellaneous Professional Liability Practice Group pertain to insurance agents and brokers and to real estate agents and brokers. On the insurance side, represented agents include those involved in casualty & property coverage, professional liability, as well as life, health, accident and disability policies. On the real estate side, not only do we defend real estate agents and brokers, but also a variety of other professionals involved in the real estate industry from inspectors to surveyors, appraisers, and a variety of other service professionals. Finally, our Group is involved in the defense of various professionals and consultants in media, publishing and broadcasting and in E-commerce and technology exposures.
- December 28, 2017, Motion For Summary JudgmentSummit County
Motion for summary judgment granted in favor of a commercial insurance agency dismissing all claims in their entirety.
- August 24, 2016, Summary JudgmentU.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
Defense of alleged failure to procure insurance coverage for a farm
- U.S. Bank v. Brown v. Erieview v. MRK Title Research:March 20, 2015, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedCuyahoga
Defense of title company E&O claim
- Ohio Department of Insurance v. D.P.September 30, 2014, No action against insurance licenseFranklin
Defense of Insurance License Investigation
- U.S. Dept. of Housing& Urban Development (HUD) v. D. GallagherJune 30, 2014, Dismissal of investigation without payment of monetary penaltiesCuyahoga
Defense of alleged
HUD housing violations and mortgage fraud
- Charles Green, et al. v. Full Service Property Inspections, LLC, et al.September 30, 2013, Judgment Affirmed9th Appellate Dist.
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in miscellaneous prof liability claim against home inspection firm
- The Ohio Supreme Court Misses an Opportunity to Resolve Uncertainty Surrounding the Statute of Limitations for Actions Against Insurance AgentsBy Zachary Pyers and Kenton H. SteeleFebruary 26, 2018
- By: Jonathan H. Krol, Esq.October 31, 2016