Shelby focuses her practice area to defending the rights of Ohio Employers when they find themselves involved with defending against a Workers' Compensation claim. She works with each client to manage the costs of allowed claims and to defend against claims that, for some reason or another, seem suspicious or even fraudulent.
News & Media Coverage
- Year: 2014
- Press Release, December 23, 2014
Barbara Bellin Janovitz was recently named to the Board of Directors for the Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging. The Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging is a national leader pursuing innovation in practice and policy to address the important issues of aging. As a champion for older adults, BRIA works to advance their health, independence and dignity.
- Press Release, December 16, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce that Carlen Zhang has joined our Columbus office. Carlen focuses her practice on a variety of areas, including medical malpractice, employment law, governmental liability and general casualty.
- Reminger Co., LPA Selected as a 2015 Go-To Law Firm® for the Top 500 Companies by American Lawyer MediaPress Release, December 16, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA has been distinguished as a 2015 “GO-TO LAW FIRM for the Top 500 Companies” by American Lawyer Media, publishers of The American Lawyer, The National Law Journal, Corporate Counsel magazine, and numerous other magazines and newspapers. This honor puts our firm in an exclusive group of firms that deliver exceptional legal services for the Fortune 500.
- Gregory D. Brunton Highlighted in the “2014-2015 Who’s Who in Energy” Issue Published by Columbus Business FirstColumbus Business First, December 9, 2014
Oil, Natural Gas and Energy Chair Gregory Brunton was highlighted in the November 28th issue of "2014-2015 Who's Who in Energy" by Columbus Business First. The publication was distributed in eight markets, including Columbus, Pittsburgh, Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, St. Louis and Denver.
- Press Release, December 3, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is proud to announce that 45 of our attorneys were honored as 2015 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. The names will be announced in the 2015 edition of Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine, along with Cincinnati Magazine, Columbus Monthly, Cleveland Magazine and Inside Business.
- Press Release, November 24, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is proud to announce that four of our attorneys were recently honored as 2015 Kentucky Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. The names will be announced in the 2015 edition of Kentucky Super Lawyers Magazine and Kentucky Monthly Magazine.
- Press Release, November 21, 2014
After several years at 269 West Main Street, Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce that we are moving our offices to Vine Center, located at 333 West Vine Street, Suite 1670. The move will provide our law firm with more space as we continue to grow our presence in this market.
- Estate Planning Chair Barbara Bellin Janovitz Quoted in The Plain Dealer on The Center for Community Solutions' Most Treasured Volunteers EventSeveral Greater Cleveland nonprofits pay tribute to 'most treasured volunteers'The Plain Dealer, November 20, 2014
Estate Planning Chair Barbara Bellin Janovitz was quoted in today's Cleveland Plain Dealer regarding her participation with The Center for Community Solutions and the recent "Most Treasured Volunteers" Awards, held last week.
- Press Release, November 18, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce that we elected at our recent annual shareholder meeting two new firm shareholders: David R. Hudson and Zachary Pyers.
- Press Release, November 14, 2014
Cleveland, OH – Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce that Katie Lynn Farrell has joined our Cleveland office.
- Press Release, November 13, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA Estate Planning Chair Barbara Bellin Janovitz presented at today's Celebration of Human Services event, sponsored by The Center for Community Solutions and Greater Cleveland Volunteers. A member of the Board of Directors of The Center for Community Solutions, Barbara presented the MTV: Most Treasured Volunteer Awards, with assistance from Joy Banish, Executive Director, Greater Cleveland Volunteers.
- Press Release, November 3, 2014
CLEVELAND, OH – Reminger Co., LPA has been ranked in the 2015 “Best Law Firms” list by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®. Two practice areas were ranked nationally, including Transportation Law and Insurance Law. Seventeen practice areas were ranked at the metropolitan level across a variety of offices.
- Bethanie R. Murray and Carrie Masters Starts Named Co-Chairs of Reminger Co., LPA’s Women’s InitiativePress Release, October 27, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce that Bethanie R. Murray and Carrie Masters Starts were named Co-Chairs of Reminger Co. LPA’s Women’s Initiative at our recent annual meeting. Jeanne M. Mullin served most recently as the group’s Chair for the past several years.
- El Barrio's workforce program is doing the job-With help of Reminger law firm, prospective employees are prepared for opportunityCrain's Cleveland Business, October 27, 2014
Lissette Reyes immigrated to Cleveland early this year from Puerto Rico, bringing with her gumption, an MBA and more than 20 years of experience as a legal secretary.
Educated, motivated and fluent in English, she planned to find work right away and contribute to the household where she was now living with her two sons.
To read the full article on the Crain's Cleveland Business website, click here.
- Press Release, October 24, 2014
After two years at 3925 River Crossing, Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce that we are moving our offices to Three Parkwood, Suite 150. The building, located at 450 E. 96th Street, will provide our law firm with more space as we continue to grow our presence in this market.
- Press Release, October 14, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce that John Dunn has been elected to serve as the Vice President of the Salmon P. Chase College of Law Alumni Board. John will serve a one-year term in which he will assist with alumni efforts on behalf of the school.
- Press Release, October 13, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce that Benjamin A. Bellamy has joined our Louisville office, where he works on a diverse caseload of litigation matters in federal and state courts. His areas of practice include Long Term Care Liability, Medical Malpractice, Products Liability, Appellate Advocacy, Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith, Trucking and Commercial Transportation and General Casualty/Excess and Surplus Lines.
- Adam M. Fried and Franklin C. Malemud Co-Author Chapter in Textbook Addressing Financial Exploitation of the ElderlyPress Release, October 9, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce that Adam M. Fried and Franklin C. Malemud have co-authored a chapter in the textbook Aging and Money: Reducing Risk of Financial Exploitation and Protecting Financial Resources, published by Humana Press. Edited by Geriatrician Ronan M. Factora, Aging and Money is an essential new book that provides the practicing clinician with information on identifying risk factors and clinical clues associated with financial exploitation, and how to incorporate these steps into their practice.
- Press Release, October 7, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce the creation of a new practice group devoted to assisting businesses and law firms with electronic document issues.
- Sports and Entertainment Law Practice Group Chair Anthony Catanzarite Interviewed in Sports Agent BlogInterview with the Agent: Anthony CatanzariteOctober 7, 2014
Sports and Entertainment Law Practice Group Chair Anthony Catanzarite was interviewed by the Sports Agent Blog. To read the interview on the website, visit: http://sportsagentblog.com/2014/10/06/interview-with-the-agent-anthony-catanzarite/.
- Bethanie R. Murray Honored by the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association for “Women in Law Making a Difference”Press Release, October 7, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce that Bethanie R. Murray has been selected by the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s Women in Law Section (CMBA WIL) as one of their “Women in Law Making a Difference” honorees. Bethanie will be recognized at the November 6, 2014 event honoring a select group of female attorneys for making a difference in the lives of other women and contributing to the Northeast Ohio community.
- Robert Yallech Quoted in The Morning Journal Article on Oil and Gas Industry Client and Fracking WasteColumbiana facility waits for ODNR approvalThe Morning Journal, September 22, 2014
COLUMBIANA - A company using a site near a residential area to wash its trucks that haul fracking fluid remains closed until it receives the proper permit through the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR).
- Lukasz Witkowski battled the OHSAA for a chance to play footballYoungstown Vindicator, September 12, 2014
The case of Lukasz Witkowski v. Ohio High School Athletic Association began long before the two parties settled in front of the Mahoning County Common Pleas Court in Common Pleas Court in August.
The case to determine whether to allow the Struthers High School senior to participate in football this season started more than five years ago when Lukasz was still in the process of becoming an American citizen.
- Probate Administration, Trust Administration and Guardianships Co-Chair Adam Fried Quoted in New York Times article "Financial Schemes Against the Elderly Are Increasing"New York Times, September 6, 2014
Probate Administration, Trust Administration and Guardianships Co-Chair Adam Fried was quoted in today's New York Times article "Financial Schemes Against the Elderly Are Increasing."
- Press Release, September 4, 2014
TOLEDO, OH – Laurie J. Avery and David R. Hudson of Reminger Co., LPA in Toledo were selected as 2014 “Who’s Who in Area Law” by the Toledo Business Journal, honoring the top 100 attorneys in Northwestern Ohio.
- Oil, Natural Gas and Energy Chair Cited in "Held by Production" and "No Rest for the Riches" ArticlesShale Magazine, August 27, 2014
Oil, Natural Gas and Utilities Chair Greg Brunton was interviewed in two articles in the Fall 2014 of Shale Magazine.
- Press Release, August 18, 2014
Twenty-two Reminger attorneys were included on the 2015 Best Lawyers in America® list, including 17 from our Cleveland office, three from our Columbus office, and two from our Sandusky office.
- Four Reminger Co., LPA Attorneys Named Best Lawyers® 2015 "Lawyer of the Year" in Various Practice AreasAdam Fried, Frank Leonetti, III, Clifford Masch and William Meadows HonoredPress Release, August 18, 2014
CLEVELAND, OH - Reminger Co., LPA is proud to announce that four of our shareholders have been honored as "Best Lawyers 2015 Lawyer of the Year" in various practice areas:
• Adam M. Fried - Best Lawyers’ 2015 - Cleveland, OH – Litigation – Trusts and Estates
• Frank Leonetti III - Best Lawyers’ 2015 - Cleveland, OH – Transportation Law
• Clifford C. Masch - Best Lawyers’ 2015 - Cleveland, OH – Appellate Practice
• William A. Meadows - Best Lawyers’ 2015 - Cleveland, OH – Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
- D. Cheryl Atwell, Andrew Dorman, John Patrick, Myra Barsoum Stockett Take on New ResponsibilitiesPress Release, July 25, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce the appointment of new practice groups chairs/co-chairs for several of our practice groups.
Legal Malpractice Group Chair: D. Cheryl Atwell
Professional Malpractice Group Chair: Andrew Dorman
Real Estate Chair: John Patrick
Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith Co-Chair: Myra Barsoum Stockett
- Adam Fried Featured in Griswold Home Care Blog on "Protecing Seniors for Predators: Perspectives on Elder Abuse"Griswold Home Care Blog, June 30, 2014
Probate Administration, Trust Administration and Guardianships Co-Chair Adam Fried featured in Griswold Home Care blog article on "Protecing Seniors for Predators: Perspectives on Elder Abuse."
- Crain's Cleveland Business, June 23, 2014
Michelle Sheehan was one of the first women at Reminger to be hired after serving as a law clerk. It's a notable recognition, indeed, but a parenthetical detail to Sheehan, who takes pride in the diversity of skills she's gleaned while serving in the law firm's various practice areas over the last 20 years.
- Press Release, June 17, 2014
Probate Administration, Trust Administration and Guardianships Co-Chair Adam Fried conducted the Annual Consortium Against Adult Abuse (C3A) meeting, held on June 16, 2014 at the Corporate College East in Warrensville Heights, Ohio.
- Reminger Co., LPA Selected as One of The Plain Dealer Top Workplaces in Northeast Ohio for Fourth Consecutive YearPress Release, June 15, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is proud to announce that were selected as one of the Plain Dealer Top Workplaces for the fourth year in a row.
Winners were chosen through an employee survey that was administered by The Plain Dealer in cooperation with the research firm WorkplaceDynamics, LLC
- Press Release, May 30, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce the addition of attorney Nathan Lennon to our Cincinnati office.
Nate focuses his legal practice in the areas of products liability, commercial litigation, appellate advocacy, professional liability, general casualty, insurance coverage, and government/public entity liability.
- Myra Barsoum Stockett Selected for the Ohio Women’s Bar Foundation Leadership Institute's 2014-2015 ClassPress Release, May 27, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce that attorney Myra Barsoum Stockett was selected as one of a small group of women to join the 2014-2015 Class of the Ohio Women's Bar Foundation Leadership Institute.
- Press Release, May 22, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce the addition of attorney Robert Ott to our Louisville office.
Prior to joining Reminger, Rob worked at a Louisville firm where he maintained an active practice in Kentucky and Florida. His practice was focused on defending physicians and other healthcare providers in medical negligence actions, as well as defending long term care facilities. Rob has tried a number of cases and was named to the list of most prolific trial attorneys in both 2010 and 2011. He was also recognized as a Rising Star by Kentucky Super Lawyers Magazine in 2013.
- Press Release, May 13, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is proud to be a sponsor of the upcoming Jewish Federation of Cleveland's 42nd Charitable Tax Seminar, being held Tuesday June 3rd at Mandel Bulding in Cleveland.
- Barbara Bellin Janovitz Honored as a Woman of Professional Excellence at YWCA Women of Achievement Awards LuncheonPress Release, May 12, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce that Barbara Bellin Janovitz was honored as a ‘Woman of Professional Excellence’ at the 2014 YWCA Women of Achievement Awards Luncheon on May 12, 2014. This event presents prestigious awards to a select group of Cleveland women of who have made extraordinary accomplishments through career success, community service, dedication to the YWCA mission, and leadership and mentoring.
- Press Release, May 11, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce that several Reminger attorneys were recognized at the Ohio Women’s Bar Association Annual meeting, held on May 8th in Columbus, Ohio.
- Press Release, April 17, 2014
Barbara Bellin Janovitz represented the Center for Community Solutions Board on the Jewish Federation of Cleveland’s Eisenman Award Committee, helping to select those who have provided exceptional civic contributions.
- Charity, revelry share space on St. Patrick's Day weekendThe Columbus Dispatch, March 17, 2014
Attorney Matthew Schrader and his son were featured in the March 16th issue of The Columbus Dispatch, as both participated in a St. Baldrick's Foundation event to raise money for research to help combat childhood cancers.
- Public Relations, March 12, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce the addition of attorney Logan C. Hughes to our Indianapolis office.
- Nicholas Bobb, Daniel Hyzak and Keona Padgett Join OfficePress Release, March 9, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce the addition of attorneys Nicholas Bobb, Daniel Hyzak and Keona Padgett to our Columbus office.
- Crain's Cleveland Business, March 3, 2014
Managing Partner Stephen Walters and Director of Human Resources and Law Firm Adminstration Diane Giorgi were quoted in a Crain's Cleveland Business article on office remodels.
- Press Release, February 27, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce the addition of attorneys David Krause, Paul Shugar and Riannon Ziegler to our Cleveland office.
- Press Release, February 27, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce the addition of attorney Ian Mitchell to our Cincinnati office. Ian focuses his practice on general liability, employment, commercial and professional liability cases. Prior to joining Reminger, Ian was a legal extern to the United States Attorneys Office for the Southern District of Ohio in Cincinnati and to U.S. District Judge William O. Bertelsman in the Eastern District of Kentucky.
- Press Release, February 14, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce the selection of attorneys Nicole Koppitch and Zachary Pyers to the Barrister Leadership Programs Class of 2014. The program is designed to help attorneys enhance leadership skills, connect with influential leaders in both the legal community and the city of Columbus, and build a successful career in law.
- Press Release, February 14, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to announce the recent appointment of Melvin Davis to a two-year term with the Columbus Records Commission by the Columbus City Council. In his role, Melvin will work to determine when the City can destroy records under the City's records retention schedule.
In addition, Melvin was recently highlighted in Who's Who in Black Columbus, a publication that celebrates and recognizes the extraordinary and significant accomplishments of African Americans in the community.
- Press Release, January 27, 2014
Reminger Co., LPA elected three attorneys as shareholders during our recent annual shareholder meeting: Adam J. Davis, Carrie Masters Starts and David A. Valent.
- January 6, 2014
Former Reminger Co., LPA Managing Partner Mario Ciano was profiled in the Winter 2014 Issue of Litigation Management.
To read the article entitled 'Get to Know Mario Ciano, Partner, Reminger,' click here.