Laurie serves as the Managing Partner of Reminger's Toledo Office. She has successfully defended numerous jury trials and labor arbitrations in matters ranging from employment discrimination, professional negligence, general tort and commercial disputes. Laurie represents professionals and businesses in a wide range of matters in both state and federal courts in Ohio and Michigan. She is a member of the firm's Management Group and serves as a Leader of the following groups:
- Employment Practices
- Commercial Premises Liability
- Intellectual Property, Internet & Technology
Laurie is a frequent lecturer for Council on Education in Management on employment related topics. She has presented at numerous continuing legal education seminars in the areas of commercial premises liability, employment law, professional liability and technology. For the last three years she was selected as Whos Who in Area Law by the Toledo Business Journal . In 2009, Laurie received Toledos 20 under 40 Leadership Award. Laurie was recently appointed as a Trustee-at-Large for the Ohio Women's Bar Association and a Trustee for the Ohio Alliance to End Sexual Violence. She has been a mentor for the Supreme Court of Ohio's Lawyer to Lawyer Mentoring Program for the last three years and also serves on the Toledo Bar Association Grievance Committee.
- Toledo Bar Association
- Ohio Women's Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- United Way Women's Initiative
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Litigation Council of America
HONORS & DISTINCTIONS
- Contributing Author - 'Tort Law.' Baldwin's Ohio Practice, First Edition, 2005.
- Author - 'Deciding When to Pull the FMLA Trigger: How Much Information Do You Need From the Employee and How Can You Get It?' and 'What to Do When FMLA Leave Comes to an End: Managing Hairy Return-to-Work and Termination Issues.'
Council on Education in Management, December 2004.
- Co-Author - 'Malpractice Claims: The Effect of the Client's Settlement of the Underlying Case' Ohio Lawyer, Volume 12, No. 3 May/June, 1998
- Selected as one of the "Best Law Firm Writers of 2011" by the Burton Awards for the article "Zippo and Internet Activity: The New Language of Personal Jurisdiction?" published in DRI's For the Defense, Spring 2010
- 1999 - District 12 Community Service Award for Lawyers under 40- Ohio State Bar Foundation
- 2000 - Community Service Award - Cleveland Bar Association Young Lawyer's Section
- 2002 - Most Treasured Volunteer - Federation for Community Planning
- 2002 - Class of 2002 Honoree - Cleveland's Finest - Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- 2009 - 20 Under 40 Leadership Award, Toledo Business Journal
- 2009 - Present - "Who's Who In Area Law", Toledo Business Journal
- Selected to the Ohio Women's Bar Foundation Leadership Class of 2012-2013