Before joining Reminger in 1980 as a law clerk, Rick earned an economics degree and worked at a major accounting firm. He leveraged his business experience in building a practice devoted to the defense of both medical and non-medical professionals. Rick has tried more than 100 first chair jury trials and has focused his practice on litigation involving:
- Medical and Dental Liability
- Commercial Liability
- Professional Liability
- General Liability
In addition, Rick devotes substantial efforts to advising businesses and healthcare professionals on a wide variety of issues. He is a regular speaker not only at risk management programs for physicians, dentists and allied health professionals, but also at the Case School of Dental Medicine, where he serves as Assistant Professor.
Rick is a member of the Grace Hospital Board of Directors. Within the firm, Rick serves as the Co-Chair of the Dental Liability practice group. An officer of the corporation, he also is on Reminger's Executive, Management and Marketing Committees, and the Board of Directors.
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
-Fee Dispute Resolution Committee
- Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Arbitration Chairman
- Dental Risk Management Education Counsel
- William J. Thomas Inn of Court
HONORS & DISTINCTIONS
- Ohio Legal Center Institute Award of Merit
- OMSNIC Continuing Excellence Award-2008, 2010
'Dental Implants The Art and Science
', Chapter 4, Dental Risk Management, Copyright 2011, 2001, by Saunders, an affiliate of Elsevier Inc.
- Assistant Professor Case School of Dental Medicine-1997 to Present
- Member, Grace Hospital Board of Directors-2009 to Present
- Delegate, Eighth Judicial Conference-Life Member