J.D., Ohio Northern University School of Law, 1991
B.A., Morehead State University, cum laude, 1988
-The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
I believe in an aggressive, team-focused approach for the successful resolution of claims. I also believe that efficient and effective claim supervision is just as important as a strong defense.
Todd helps his clients mitigate exposure in workers' compensation, general casualty/civil insurance defense, and subrogation. With 23 years of litigation experience, Todd represents insurance carriers and employers in the areas of workers' compensation defense, workers' compensation subrogation, and defense of accusations of serious and willful misconduct. Todd is experienced handling pre-litigation issues and guiding clients through investigation of claims and management of pre-litigation claims. He is experienced in litigating claims through discovery, motion practice, and attendance at Benefit Review Conference and Hearings with the Kentucky Department of Workers' Claims (DWC). Todd is an effective negotiator for settlement of claims and mitigation of potential loss. He is proficient in the Appellate process. Todd provides counsel on matters involving occupational accident insurance coverage.
Todd often presents on workers' compensation-related matters for clients and professional organizations.
He has competed in numerous triathlons. He is a supporter of the visual arts and Kentucky historical sites. He is a sponsor of community and children’s charities.
Honors & Recognitions
American Institute of Legal Counsel
-2017 10 Best Workers' Compensation Attorney in Kentucky for Client Satisfaction
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Kentucky Bar Association
Louisville Bar Association
- Press Release, March 7, 2017
- The “Coming and Going” Rule as applied to Kentucky Workers’ CompensationKentucky Workers’ Compensation Education Association Seminar, Louisville, KY, December 7, 2017
- Supreme Court of Kentucky Renders a Game-Changing Decision Potentially Costing Employers and Insurance Companies MillionsBy: George T.T. Kitchen and Stephanie D. RossMay 8, 2017