- Appellate Advocacy
- Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith
- Commercial Litigation
- Architects and Engineers / Construction Liability
- Retail, Hospitality and Entertainment Facilities
- General Liability/Surplus Risks
- Corporate & General Business
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Trucking and Commercial Transportation
- Legal Professional Liability
- Governmental/Public Entity Liability
J.D., Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University, 2005
B.A., Northern Kentucky University, 1998
- State of Ohio, 2005
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2009
- United States Supreme Court, 2009
- State of Indiana, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2015
I am firmly committed to providing my clients with high quality legal services. This commitment is premised on doing what needs to be done and doing it right, on a cost effective basis.
Tim is a litigation, insurance coverage, construction, and small business attorney representing clients in state and federal courts throughout Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.
Tim regularly defends bodily injury and property damage claims arising from car accidents, landslides, trucking accidents, slip and fall incidents and premises liability matters.
Tim defends construction defect and damage, breach of contract and warranty claims. Many of these construction claims start as early as a scope of work or payment dispute. Tim enjoys handling construction workmanship, damage and monetary disputes for his general contractor and subcontractor clients. Tim also resolves real estate title claims.
Tim advises small businesses on entity organization, collections matters, mechanic's and materialman's liens, non-compete agreements and contract disputes. In fact, Tim serves as general counsel for a number of well known Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky businesses.
Tim works with individuals and their families to prepare and implement wills, trusts, powers of attorney and advance health care directives. He also handles probate court matters for the appointment of guardians and the settlement of minor’s claims for injuries or damages.
As a seasoned insurance coverage litigator, Tim has successfully defended clients regarding coverage issues involving a duty to defend or indemnify, PIP and medical payment claims disputes and UM/UIM claims.
Tim also maintains a significant appellate court practice. His clients prevailed in the following appellate matters:
Ryan v. Acuity, A Mutual Insurance Company, 2011-CA-000653 (Ky. App. July 26, 2012), Designated Not To Be Published.
Wright v. Franklin, 2012-CA-001023 (Ky. App. April 12 2013), Designated Not To Be Published.
Both appeals involved clarifying the Supreme Court of Kentucky's 2010 decision in Cincinnati Insurance Company v. Motorists Mutual Insurance Company, 306 S.W.3d 69 (Ky. 2010).
Prior to attending law school, Tim worked in the broadcasting industry. He was a photojournalist, assignment editor and produced work between the ABC and CBS affiliates in the Cincinnati television market. While working in television news, Tim covered significant news events, including local and national breaking news stories.
Tim is a native of Kentucky, born and raised in Kenton County. He and his family are members and active parishioners of Our Lord Christ the King parish in the Mount Lookout neighborhood of Cincinnati. Tim also enjoys volunteering at Cardinal Pacelli School.
Honors & Recognitions
Rated AV® Preeminent™: Very Highly Rated in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards by Martindale Hubbell Peer Review
Columbus CEO Magazine Top Lawyers, 2018
Recognized as Rising Star in Kentucky Super Lawyers Magazine
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Ohio State Bar Association
Cincinnati Bar Association
Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys
Kentucky Bar Association
Northern Kentucky Bar Association
-Secretary-Treasurer Young Lawyer Society, 2009
Indiana Bar Association
Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
Leadership Northern Kentucky
-Class of 2013 Participant
-Alumni Group Member
Salmon P. Chase Chapter, American Inn of Courts
Salmon P. Chase
-College of Law Alumni Association
Northern Kentucky University, College of Informatics
-Board Member, Alumni Council
Covington Latin School Alumni Association
-Chairman, Covington Latin School Academic Advancement Fund (2007-2008)
- September 26, 2018, Summary Judgment Affirmed1st Appellate District (Hamilton County)
Appeal of summary judgment in premises liability case involving inherently dangerous work.
- B. Kinebrew v. G. NoffsingerMay 15, 2018, Finding For DefendantHamilton
Arbitration defense of pro se plaintiff property damage claim
- Press Release, November 18, 2016
- Mark A. MacDonald, Timothy B. Spille and Jade A. Stewart Join Reminger Co., LPA’s Cincinnati and Fort Mitchell OfficesPress Release, July 14, 2016
- Trial Advocacy and DemeanorNorthern Kentucky University Chase College of Law, Newport, KY, November 13, 2018
- Ins and Outs of Insurance CoverageReminger New Lawyer Training (NLT), Cincinnati, OH, April 5, 2018
- Best Practices in MediationChase Inns of Court, Lexington, KY, February 23, 2018
- Managing Contractual Obligations and Insurance RequirementsOhio Valley Association Builders & Contractors, Inc., Springfield, OH, August 23, 2017
- Ethics and Best Practices in Per Hour Time BillingCincinnati Paralegal Association, Cincinnati, OH, October 25, 2016
- The Ups and Downs in Ladder Litigation: Inherently Dangerous Activity, Open and Obvious, and the Active Participation DoctrineBy Timothy B. SpilleOctober 17, 2018
- Ohio Supreme Court Rules That Construction Defects in the Work of Subcontractors Are Not Covered Under a CGL PolicyBy Joseph E. Cavasinni and Timothy B. SpilleOctober 11, 2018