J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 2009
-Member, Cleveland-Marshall Trial Advocacy Team
B.A., Ohio University, 2006
- State of Ohio, 2009
- District of Columbia, 2014
- Commonwealth of Virginia, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2016
- State of Indiana, 2016
I always enjoy the intellectual challenge that complex legal problems present. Because the law is constantly evolving, an attorney must be consistently dedicated to professional development. I feel fortunate to be a part of a firm that encourages constant improvement and professional growth.
Scott focuses his practice on medical malpractice, general tort liability, trucking litigation, and professional liability matters.
As a law student, Scott worked as a law clerk in Reminger’s Cleveland office. After law school, Scott joined the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps (“JAG Corps”), where he served as a military prosecutor in Fort Hood, Texas, and as a civil litigator in the Army’s Environmental Law Division in Fort Belvoir, Virginia. Additionally, in 2011, Scott deployed to Iraq where he worked with Iraqi judges and law enforcement to ensure that insurgents captured by U.S. forces were prosecuted in Iraqi courts. As an attorney in the JAG Corps, Scott had the opportunity to litigate complex civil and criminal cases on behalf of the Army, gaining valuable litigation and courtroom experience.
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Indiana State Bar Association
Lake County Bar Association
Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Press Release, May 19, 2016
- Indiana Medical Malpractice Plaintiffs May Present New Theories of Liability at Trial That Were Not Argued to the Medical Review PanelBy: Scott Friedman, Esq.March 20, 2017