B.A., The Ohio State University, 1989
J.D., Capital University Law School, 1992; Law Review Business Editor, 1991-92
- State of Ohio, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1993
As a young man I learned from my father the idea that if you worked hard everything else would take care of itself. That is the same work ethic I employ today in every client matter entrusted to me; no matter how big or how small.
Ron serves as Managing Partner of Reminger Co., LPA's Columbus office as well as Co-Chair of the firm's Workers' Compensation Practice Group. He is also a member of the firm's Executive and Management Committees. In his practice he has handled all types of disputes involving occupational injuries and accidents before the administrative agencies and various courts of Ohio as well as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Ron's practice also includes counseling employers, third-party administrators and service providers in their business relationships before the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation. These issues have included coverage and classification disputes for state-fund employers, self-insurance acquisition and compliance, and provider certification.
Ron is board certified as a specialist in Workers' Compensation law by the Supreme Court of Ohio and is a ten-year recipient of the "Ohio Super Lawyer" designation. Ron has also been awarded the 'AV Preeminent' rating by Martindale-Hubbell. He is a member of various bar associations and is a two-time chairman of the CBA's Workers' Compensation Committee. Ron also served as Adjunct Professor of Law at Capital University Law School for eight years where he taught a yearly seminar dealing with Workers' Compensation and occupational injury theory.
Honors & Recognitions
AV Preeminent® Rated with Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
Certified as a Specialist in Workers' Compensation Law by the Ohio State Bar Association
2014 Top Lawyers Central Ohio, Columbus CEO Magazine
Recognized as a Super Lawyer by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine from 2004 through 2017
Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Workers' Compensation Law - Employers, since 2016
"Recent Developments Under Ohio's Workers' Compensation Intentional Tort Statute: Brady v. Safety-Klean Corp., 20 Cap. U. L. Rev. 1031" (Fall 1991)
"Unauthorized Practice of Law Controversy Continues in Ohio: Another Blip on the Screen, or a Wake Up Call for TPA's?", The Self-Insurer, Volume 21, July 2004
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Ohio State Bar Association
Columbus Bar Association
- Dianne Doughty vs. Central Ohio Gaming Ventures, LLCNovember 9, 2016, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedFranklin
Workers’ compensation right to participate appeal by Plaintiff
- In Re: Staffing Solutions SECalculated savings in excess of $200,000.
Defense of state-fund employer from BWC decision to exclude employer from group rating based on merger and resultant experience combination.
- In Re: Manheim IncReduced amount owed to less than $50,000.
Defense of state-fund employer against BWC audit seeking $600,000.00 in back premiums based on alleged misclassification of manual payroll.
- Robert Proctor vs. Lowe’s Home Centers, Inc.Judgment For Employer
Prosecution of employer's right to participate appeal to additional allowance of lumbar spondylosis, aggravation of pre-existing lumbar degenerative arthritis and herniated cervical disc.
- Priest v. Honeywell Inc.Judgment For Employer
Defense of injured worker’s right to participate appeal to denial of psychological conditions.
- Geddes v. FedEx Freight East, Inc.Judgment For Employer
Prosecution of employer's right to participate appeal on additional allowance of depression.
- In Re: Behr Dayton Thermal Products, LLC
Recovery of $1.4 Million from Ohio BWC based on breach of incentive contract between employer, Ohio BWC and Ohio Department of Development.
- Gerlach v. FedEx Freight East, Inc.Judgment For Employer
Defense of employer in injured workers' right to participate appeal to denial of original allowance of claim.
- State ex rel ABF Freight System Inc. v. Industrial Commission of OhioJudgment For Employer
Prosecution of employer action in mandamus to reverse loss of use award.
- Press Release, December 2, 2016
- Press Release, August 15, 2016
- Part B News, May 16, 2016
- Columbus Business First, February 3, 2016
- Press Release, December 2, 2015
- Press Release, August 17, 2015
- Press Release, December 3, 2014
- Selection Includes 30 Super Lawyers and 16 Rising Stars Across Ohio and KentuckyPress Release, December 5, 2013
- Press Release, December 17, 2012
- Press Release, December 16, 2011
- How to Defend Against Substantial Aggravation Cases and Concussion/Post-Concussion CasesDublin, OH, September 26, 2016
- Practical Application of the Concussion Syndrome Injury in the Workers’ Comp. ContextDublin, OH, September 26, 2016
- Substantial Aggravation in Workers’ Comp InjuriesComp Management Inc., Columbus, OH, March 8, 2016
- Substantial Aggravation in Workers’ Comp InjuriesSedgwick CMS, Dublin, OH, February 29, 2016
- Updates on Ohio Workers’ Compensation LawSedgwick CMS In-House Workshop, Hilliard, OH, February 15, 2016
- Primer for Ohio Workers’ Compensation Claim HandlingDollar General Corporate Headquarters, Goodlettsville, TN, August 19, 2014
- Claims Handling Strategies and A Self Insured Employer Audit Summary in OhioMacy’s Corporate Risk Management Dept. - Cincinnati, OH, May 2, 2012
- Best Practices for Workers’ Comp. Claim Handler and Outside CounselCareWorks Consultants and Gallagher Bassett Claim Departments - Columbus, OH, October 14, 2011
- Wage Loss and Living Maintenance Wage Loss in Workers’ CompensationCareWorks Consultants, Inc. - Dublin, OH, August 3, 2011
- Published case: State Ex. Rel. Lacroix v. Industrial Commission 144 Ohio St. 3d 17, 2015-Ohio-2313, December 15, 2015
- Fall 2010 Newsletter, October 14, 2010
- Columbus CEO October 2010 Article, September 21, 2010