- General Liability/Surplus Risks
- Products Liability
- Trucking and Commercial Transportation
- Medical Malpractice
- Professional Liability
- Architects and Engineers / Construction Liability
- Commercial Litigation
- Financial Services Professional Liability
- Corporate & General Business
- Directors and Officers (D&O) Liability Defense
- Drug and Medical Device
- Employment Practices Defense
- Governmental/Public Entity Liability
- Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith
- Intellectual Property/E-Commerce and Cyber Risk
- Legal Professional Liability
- Long-Term Care Liability
- Miscellaneous Professional Liability
- Securities Litigation
JD, University of Dayton School of Law, cum laude, 1998
- National Trial Advocacy Team
BS, Gannon University, cum laude, 1995
- State of Ohio, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1999
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2010
I grew up in a rural town in upstate New York and was the first person in my family to go to college, which I financed with student loans and a small athletic scholarship. In life and in the practice of law, I believe that anything is possible with hard work, preparation, attention to detail, a passion for excellence and the courage to never give up.
Bob is the Managing Partner of Reminger's Cincinnati office. He has developed an extremely diverse practice in the areas of civil and business litigation, primarily focused on the representation of medical and non-medical professionals (including lawyers, accountants, real estate, insurance and financial professionals); entrepreneurs and business owners; officers and directors; property owners and managers; product designers, manufacturers, distributors and retailers; non-profits; architects, engineers and contractors; private and commercial motorists and transportation companies; and various other individuals and businesses involved in disputes which are often complex and involve catastrophic damages.
Bob also has far reaching experience with respect to claims for personal injury, malpractice, professional liability, wrongful death, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud/misrepresentation, trademark infringement, discrimination, civil rights, premises liability, automobile/trucking liability, business/partnership dissolution, and various other tort, contract and statutory matters.
Having handled to conclusion approximately 1,000 civil lawsuits in various state and federal courts across Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, Bob has first-chaired more than 30 jury trials and approximately 60 arbitrations. He has also favorably disposed of numerous cases by way of dispositive motion and has successfully briefed and argued numerous meritorious appeals, including two cases which were heard by the Ohio Supreme Court.
Administratively, Bob serves as Chair of the firm's General Casualty and Drug and Medical Device Practice Groups. He is also a practice area leader in several of the firm's additional practice groups.
Outside of the firm, Bob is a member of numerous state and federal bar associations and civil defense organizations. He graduated from the Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL) in 2009 and remains active in that organization. He is a former adjunct professor at Chase School of Law where he assisted with the national trial advocacy team.
Honors & Recognitions
Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Ohio State Bar Association
Cincinnati Bar Association
Ohio Academy of Civil Trial Attorneys
Kentucky Bar Association
Northern Kentucky Bar Association
Defense Research Institute
Claims and Litigation Management
"Thank you for your courtesies in this matter. I am extremely hopeful that all of this nonsense and these spurious claims have ended. Bob Hojnoski did a wonderful job."
- September 29, 2017, Motion for Summary Judgment and Permanent InjunctionHamilton
- June 30, 2017, Summary Judgment Affirmed
Defense of wrongful death dram shop liability claim against bar/restaurant arising from fatal head-on automobile accident
- Nancy Carr v. Walmart Stores Inc., et al.,January 25, 2017, Summary JudgmentButler County
Plaintiff alleged to have slipped and fell as a result of a wet floor, alleging significant injuries and surgical repair and rehabilitation
- Estate of James Barton vs. Hamilton County, NaphCare, et al.January 4, 2017, Affirmance of District Court’s DismissalU.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
Federal civil rights, medical malpractice and wrongful death action brought against Hamilton County jail, corrections officers and medical staff related to death of an inmate while in custody
- Hartke & Associates v. SheakleyJuly 10, 2015, Finding For DefendantHamilton
Arbitration defense of commercial services dispute
- May 22, 2015, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedWarren
Defense of legal malpractice liability claims
- February 6, 2015, Judgment Affirmed2nd Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in premises multiple family apartment complex
- December 24, 2014, Judgment Affirmed1st Appellate Dist
Defendant appeals adverse trial court judgment awarding Plaintiff attorney fees.
- November 24, 2014, Injunction grantedHamilton
Prosecution of injunction action against International Union regarding flash mobs.
- November 14, 2014, Judgment Affirmed1st Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in multiple housing landlord tenant personal injury claim
- Steven Gregory vs. Towne Properties & Park Layne ApartmentsSeptember 5, 2014, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedMontgomery
Premises liability claim arising from an injury sustained by a paper delivery man as a result of a stairwell that broke at a residential apartment complex.
- March 27, 2014, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedHamilton
Defense of a non-profit agency in general tort personal injury claim
- ELM 411, LLC v. Jimmy FlintApril 22, 2013, Defense VerdictHamilton
Defense of multiple commercial claim eviction action
- Choices in Community Living, et al. v. Michael Petkus, Jr., et al.March 21, 2013, Judgment AffirmedU.S. District Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in favor of real estate agent in claim of fair housing act disability discrimination case
- David Brown v. Institute of Human PerformanceMay 2, 2012, Favorable OutcomeHamilton
Defense of physical fitness products liability personal injury claim.
- May 9, 2011, Judgment AffirmedWarren
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment on single vehicle uninsured motorist claim alleging “corroborative evidence”
- April 30, 2010, Judgment Affirmed1st Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment against real estate appraisal on alleged negligent misrepresentation
- Barton Brands v. O’Brien & Gere of North AmericaJuly 26, 2009, Defense VerdictUSDC, Western KY
Defense of architect & engineer malpractice case
- Smith, et al. v. Talbert House - Crossroads CenterOctober 29, 2008, Defense VerdictHamilton
Defense of public entity liability personal injury claim based on alleged food poisoning (Phily Ins.)
- J. Bakst v. Towne Properties, et al.March 16, 2008, Finding For DefendantKenton Circuit Court, Kentucky
Arbitration defense of real estate property transfer dispute.
(CAU Insurance Co.)
- Schrader v. Taco Bell Corp.March 7, 2008, Defense VerdictClark
Defense of commercial premises liability personal injury claim.
- Byrd v. SmithJuly 24, 2007, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedClermont
The Court of Common pleas held that: i) law of the case doctrine did not apply to preclude entry of summary judgment for employer's insurer
- Bench Billboard Co. v. Geriatric Nursing Care dba Bench Media AdvertisingMarch 7, 2007, Judgment for PlaintiffHamilton
Defense of intellectual property trademark and copyright infringement injunctive and damage case.
- Press Release, August 15, 2018
- Press Release, October 7, 2014
- Cincinnati Enquirer, April 22, 2013
- Press Release, February 1, 2013
- Press Release, December 17, 2012
- WCPO-TV Channel 9 Cincinnati, OH, April 13, 2012
- Cincy Magazine, April 1, 2012
- Cincinnati Enquirer, February 22, 2012
- Press Release, January 6, 2012
- Press Release, December 16, 2011
- Cincinnati Business Courier, November 7, 2011
- ABCnews.go.com via World News, October 21, 2011
- Nuances in the Application of Common Premises Liability Rules by Ohio, Indiana, KentuckyCommunity Association Underwriters of America, Newtown, PA, August 11, 2017
- Landowner Liability For Criminal Acts: Risk Management for an Unstable WorldEagle International Associates Fall Conference, New York, NY, October 14, 2016
- The New Ethics Requirement for Ohio Lawyers, Cincinnati Bar Association CLECincinnati, Ohio, April 20, 2007
- Store Owner Door Operator has no duty to warn customers using motorized carts regarding dangers inherent their use.Published case: JanetM. Johnson v. Wal-Mart Stores East, LP 2014-Ohio-2998, July 3, 2014
- Cincy Magazine April 2012, April 1, 2012
- Mortgagor who was not in privity with appraisal nor relied upon appraisal pursuant to bank’s financing of purchase money mortgage cannot maintain action against appraiserCaruso v. National Clty Mortgage Co., et al. 187 Ohio App.3d, September 6, 2010
- Retroactive Application to Employee of the Requirement of Action in the Scope of Employment as a Prerequisite to the Attachment of UM/UIM Coverage under Employer's Insurance Policy is not UnconstitutionalApril 23, 2009