J.D., University of Dayton, 1998
B.S., University of Cincinnati, magna cum laude, 1995
- State of Ohio, 1998
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 2006
- State of Indiana, 2011
I am driven each day to provide outstanding service to my clients. My clients are professionals and typically have proven to be outstanding in their particular field of expertise. They expect a thorough and vigorous defense, and I strive to meet their expectations.
Rick is a shareholder with Reminger Co. L.P.A. Rick has concentrated his legal practice in the areas of legal malpractice and medical malpractice, and he has completed over 40 jury trials. His ‘first-chair’ trial experience and rate of success sets him apart in the legal community.
Rick also has significant practices in Indiana and Kentucky. Rick joined the firm with years of experience as a Special Agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Rick utilizes the skills and tactics he learned as a Special Agent to fully investigate and defend his clients’ interests in all aspects of litigation.
As a result of his dedication to his clients and his courtroom skill, Rick has received a number of significant honors specific to his prowess as an attorney.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
AV Preeminent Rating - the "Highest Possible Rating in both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards" 2011-2017
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Ohio State Bar Association
Cincinnati Bar Association
- Erie Insurance v. Omar Orozco/Professional Charter Services AND National Indemnity/Omar Orozco v. Paul EdwardsJuly 27, 2017, Judgment on CounterclaimPreble
Defense of property damage subrogation trial
- S. Peacock v. B. Clarke, M.D.October 28, 2016, Defense VerdictHamilton Cty., IN
Defense of gastroenterologist medical malpractice claim
- B. Stanley v. B. Clarke, M.D., et. al.October 9, 2015, Defense VerdictMarion
Defense of surgical gastroenterology medical malpractice claim
- A. Miller, et al v. G. Dobbs, M.D.July 31, 2015, Defense VerdictDeerborn, IN
Defense of catastrophic medical malpractice claim
- S. Rainey, et al. v. Taylor and PattonNovember 19, 2013, Defense VerdictU.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
Defense of 1983 civil rights claims in using excessive force, illegal seizure and malicious prosecution.
- August 23, 2013, Judgment Affirmed1st Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in medical malpractice claim
- Charles Lunsford, Jr. v. Richard Campbell, Esq.December 6, 2012, Motion For Summary JudgmentAdams
Defense of legal malpractice claim
- November 23, 2012, Reversed1st Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment on claim for unauthorized removal of organ under Uniform Anatomical Gift Act.
- Shanya Rainey and Antwan Roland v. Police Officers Jeff Patton and Brandon GoffJune 1, 2012, Motion For Summary JudgmentU.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
Sec 1983 Civil Rights case involving allegations of excessive force, wrongful arrest, and malicious prosecution.
- State of Ohio v. Frank KuhnMay 18, 2012, Not Guilty VerdictHamilton
Defense of DUI Claim
- Rita Corns, et al. v. Community Hospital, et al.February 3, 2011, Defense VerdictClark
Defense of catastrophic medical malpractice
- Dylan Wolf Sweeney, et al. v. Joanne Hall dba JL PropertiesJanuary 19, 2011, Defense VerdictHamilton
Defense of catastrophic personal injury premises liability claim
- E/O Bennington v. T. Gossett, Esq.November 11, 2010, Defense VerdictBrown
Defense of legal malpractice claims based on alleged malfeasance in guardianship administration
- State of Ohio v. K. CarpenterJuly 30, 2010, Favorable OutcomeHamilton
Defense of voluntary and involuntary manslaughter charge arising from assault and battery bar fight
- Tausch v. Riverview Health Institute, LLCFebruary 12, 2010, Reversed and Remanded6th Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in medical malpractice claim by virtue of tolling of the statute of limitations.
- Kirk Morris v. KAZ, Inc.November 18, 2009, Defense VerdictHamilton
Defense of products liability personal injury.
- Martin v. ANPACSeptember 11, 2009, Plaintiff VerdictButler County
Defense of auto liability property damage personal injury claim
- State of Ohio v. Gabriel RodriguezMay 12, 2009, AcquittalHamilton
Defense of driving under the influence charge
- J. Pett v. Smith TruckingApril 24, 2008, Verdict for the plaintiffMontgomery
Defense of admitted trucking liability personal injury claim.
- D. Kohler v. Mail Contractors of AmericaMarch 20, 2008, Plaintiff VerdictHamilton
Defense of admitted trucking liability personal injury claim (AIG)
- Press Release, February 2, 2015
- Press Release, December 17, 2012
- Press Release, December 16, 2011
- The Practical Aspects of Choosing and Retaining Medical Experts in Medical Malpractice LitigationMedical Protective Indiana Insureds Physicians - Fort Wayne, IN, December 6, 2012
- Medical Malpractice in IndianaCNA HealthPro Division - Chicago, IL, October 26, 2012
- Eye Bank and Employee are Immune from Liability under Uniform Anatomical Gift ActPublished case:Daniel Siegel, et al. v. Life Center Organ Donor Network, et al., 2011-Ohio-6032, July 23, 2012
- Attorney for Purchaser & Assignee was Immune from Liability to Vendor’s Tortious Interference w/Contract Claim brought based upon real estate purchase agreementIreton v. J.T.D. Realty Investments, LLC 162 Ohio Misc. 2d 1, 2010-Ohio-6692, May 2, 2011
- When Limitation Period Applicable To Physician Is Tolled, Such Tolling Also Applies To Claim Against The Hospital Based On Vicarious LiabilityPublished Case: Tausch v. Riverview Health Institute, LLC, 187 Ohio St. 3d, 173, 2010-Ohio-509, September 30, 2010
- "Discovery Rule" did not toll statute of limitations for claim arising out of work place chemical exposurePublished case Doane, et al. v. Givaudan Flavors Corp., et al. 184 Ohio App. 3d 26, 2009-Ohio-4989, January 18, 2010