J.D., Capital University Law School, 2001
B.S., The Ohio State University, 1989
- State of Ohio, 2001
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 2002
God, family and firm, in that order, was presented to me as the priorities of the firm. It is this order of priorities that I derive my support that allows me to press forward and succeed in practicing law and representing clients to the fullest.
Mick joined Reminger Co., L.P.A with extensive experience in transportation and risk management. His prior experience in safety, risk and management enhances his current representation of employers in the workers' compensation arena. Mick practices before the Industrial Commission, common pleas courts, appellate courts and Supreme Court of Ohio.
Mick is a member of various professional bar associations. He is also a frequent lecturer on Workers' Compensation issues.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
First recipient of the Leadership Award presented by Leadership Ohio
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Ohio State Bar Association
Kentucky Bar Association
Columbus Bar Association
"Mick is an extremely talented attorney, who cares a great deal about his clients. Mick is quick to respond to my questions or concerns, he is very easy to talk to, always has a game plan and a strong eye for detail. He has been an instrumental asset to our company for more than 10 years."
-Melanie, Claims Examiner
- Cathy Donoho, Extrx. v. Kenny Houston Masonry Co.April 19, 2013, Plaintiff VerdictFranklin (Industrial Commission)
Workers’ comp administrative prosecution of claim of specific safety requirements violation (VSSR claim)
- State ex rel. Allied Systems Holdings, Inc. v. Joseph Donders, Honeywell and Industrial Commission of OhioDecember 11, 2012, Judgment Affirmed10th Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse judgment in mandamus action in Industrial Commission
- June 9, 2011, Court of Appeals AffirmedOhio Supreme Court
Plaintiff appealed 10th District Court of Appeals verdict in workers' compensation case. Workers’ comp claimant appealed denial of loss of vision benefits from claimed traumatic cataract injury sustained at work.
- State ex.rel. Baker v. Manpower Coast to CoastDecember 17, 2009, Sole comp. for lens replacement surgeryFranklin
Trial defense of mandamus workers’ comp. claim involving total loss of vision
- State ex Rel. Dolgen Corp. v. Joanne SimpsonDecember 16, 2009, Mandamus sustained; objections affirmedFranklin
Prosecution of Workers’ Comp. mandamus action for reversal of allowance for claimant for award of full vision loss
- M. Shuter v. May Dept. Stores –July 24, 2008, Defense VerdictFranklin
Defense of personal premises liability, personal injury claim
(FEDERATED DEPT. STORES)
- L. Woody v. Sears RoebuckOctober 23, 2007, Defense VerdictMontgomery
Defense of trial of workers' compensation appeal for allowance of cervical C4, C5 disc herniation arising out of automobile accident during employment.
- Ohio Lawyer, May 2, 2013
- Preparing State Fund Employers and “Open Employers” for Self-Insured Workers’ Compensation AdministrationEmployBridge National Workers’ Comp. Group, Dallas, TX, June 15, 2017
- Subrogation for Self-Insuring Employers in Workers’ CompensationColumbus Bar Association CLE, Columbus, OH, September 23, 2015
- The Basics of Ohio Workers’ Compensation “State Fund” SystemSwift Transportation Workers’ Comp. Dept., Phoenix, AZ, September 16, 2015
- Ohio Workers’ Compensation 6Aspects in Trucking LiabilityNuverra In-House Seminar, Scottsdale, AZ, April 15, 2015
- What Medicare and Medicaid Reporting is Expected of You in a Workers’ Comp. ClaimNational Institute of Medicare and Medicaid Education Conference, Chicago, Illinois, September 30, 2014
- OSIA Conference-SponsorOhio Self Insured AssociationOSIA, Cincinnati, June 18, 2014
- National Institute for Medicare & Medicaid Education (NIMME), Harrah's - New Orleans, LA, March 17, 2014
- Reminger Solutions to Workers Comp ClaimsOhio Self Insurers Association 39th Annual Conference - Sandusky, OH, June 12, 2013
- Medicare and Medicaid Reports and Set AsidesNational Institute for Medicare/Medicaid Education - San Diego, CA, April 8, 2013
- Subrogation Recoveries Arising Out of Workers’ Comp. ClaimGallagher Bassett and ESIS Workers’ Comp Claim Groups - Columbus, OH, October 14, 2011
- Workers Compensation 2010 Update - Lorman Education ServicesColumbus, OH, October 29, 2010
- Workers' Compensation Subrogation, Dollar General-Sedgwick-Attys and Claim Administrators MeetingColumbus, Ohio, October 6, 2008
- Ohio Lawyer Magazine – May/June 2013 Issue – page 27, May 2, 2013
- Published Case: State ex rel. Donohoe v. Kenny Hutson Co.130 Ohio St.3d 360, 2011-Ohio-5798, March 15, 2012
- VSSR Violation Claim in Workers Compensation Requires the Hearing Officer to Specifically Outline the Evidence Relied Upon for DecisionDecember 12, 2011