- Clerkship with the Honorable Lyle W. Castle, Judge, First District Court of Appeals of Ohio
- Clerkship with the Honorable Lyle W. Castle, Judge, Twelfth District Court of Appeals of Ohio
- Clerkship with the Honorable Fred Jones, Judge, Twelfth District Court of Appeals of Ohio
J.D., University of Cincinnati Law School, 1980 (Law Review Member)
B.A., University of Cincinnati, High Honors, 1975
- State of Ohio, 1980
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
I understand the impact that a lawsuit can have on your professional integrity. I share the burden of your situation and in doing so strive to address your matter efficiently and effectively. Everything I do is from my clients’ point of view, which is why I handle each and every issue as if it were my very own.
Mark is a shareholder in Reminger Co., LPA’s Cincinnati office, where he focuses his practice on medical malpractice defense and insurance defense litigation matters. Mark has cultivated an illustrious career over the past thirty-plus years as an attorney representing hospitals, physicians, dentists, and other medical professionals in the allied health care arena. He has represented the attending physicians of the University of Cincinnati for the past 18 years. An accomplished trial attorney, Mark has tried dozens of jury trials to verdict. Mark has been honored as the 2018 “Best Lawyers” Lawyer of the Year, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Cincinnati.
Mark started his legal career in 1980 as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Lyle W. Castle, a 1st District Court of Appeals Judge. Mark continued his clerkship and followed Judge Castle to the newly created 12th District Court of Appeals for a couple of years until joining a Cincinnati-based litigation firm. Mark worked on a varied caseload with some of the area’s highest profile attorneys. Heeding to his entrepreneurial nature, he started a firm a few years later with several other attorneys where he worked on a variety of legal matters. After several years he was recruited by a large regional firm, where he continued to hone his skills in medical malpractice defense as well as non-medical insurance defense matters including car accidents, larger dollar motor vehicle cases for trucking companies, construction cases, employment law matters and more.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as a Super Lawyer by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, since 2008
Selected as Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year 2018 – Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Cincinnati
Rated AV® Preeminent™: Very Highly Rated in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards by Martindale Hubbell Peer Review
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Cincinnati Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
Kentucky Bar Association
Northern Kentucky Bar Association
Represented the Cincinnati Reds in the Pete Rose v. Bart Giamatti case, ultimately leading to Pete Rose’s ban from baseball.
Represented the University of Cincinnati in cases challenging the privatization of the University of Cincinnati Hospital.
Represented University of Cincinnati Physicians in two Ohio Supreme Court cases that redefined the extent of personal immunity of university physicians
- Press Release, December 6, 2017
- Adam M. Fried – Litigation – Trusts and Estates, Cleveland; Mark A. MacDonald – Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, CincinnatiPress Release, August 15, 2017
- Press Release, August 15, 2017
- Press Release, December 2, 2016
- Press Release, August 15, 2016
- Mark A. MacDonald, Timothy B. Spille and Jade A. Stewart Join Reminger Co., LPA’s Cincinnati and Fort Mitchell OfficesPress Release, July 14, 2016
- Medical Malpractice Issues Faced by the Foreign PhysicianCincinnati Association of Indian Physicians Fall Meting, Cincinnati Zoo - Cincinnati, OH, September 16, 2017