- Architects and Engineers / Construction Liability
- Dental Liability
- Employment Practices Defense
- Drug and Medical Device
- General Liability/Surplus Risks
- Governmental/Public Entity Liability
- Health Care
- Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith
- Long-Term Care Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Oil, Natural Gas and Energy
- Professional Liability
- Trucking and Commercial Transportation
- Directors and Officers (D&O) Liability Defense
- Indiana Secretary of State, Indiana Securities Division. As a law student, I assisted the Securities Commissioner and his staff attorneys in enforcing and interpreting Indiana’s Uniform Securities Act and Indiana’s Loan Broker Act.
J.D., Indiana University School of Law – Bloomington, 2004
- Staff Editor of Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies
Pepperdine University School of Law
B.A., Wabash College, 2001
- State of Indiana, 2004
- State of Illinois, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2014
- Trial Bar, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2015
My grandfather was a gentleman in all matters – hard-working, strong, direct, put others before himself, and he never stopped learning. He taught me with a zealous spirit to solve problems. Our clients deserve nothing less.
Logan serves as a shareholder in Reminger Co., L.P.A.’s Indianapolis Office, and is also the Chair of the firm's Drug and Medical Device practice group. He has a decade of trial experience representing defendants in civil litigation. He has a broad civil litigation practice, encompassing the defense of medical providers, drug and medical device designers, manufacturers, and distributors, hospitals, dentists, professional and commercial service providers, construction and utility companies, product manufacturers, commercial transportation companies, governmental entities, directors and officers, retail and hospitality businesses, and insurance companies. He has first chair trial experience in cases involving medical providers, dental providers, utility companies, and numerous businesses. Logan has lectured at educational seminars for lawyers on the subjects of the Indiana Rules of Evidence and Medical Malpractice.
He is known to clients for his vigorous investigation to reach the heart of a legal dispute early in the process. He has achieved numerous dismissals for his clients when the party bringing the lawsuit withdraws in response to his zealous advocacy.
Honors & Recognitions
Achieved a defense verdict in a medical malpractice jury trial in Marion County in October 2013 after only 14 minutes of juror deliberation.
Played offensive guard and appointed to the Academic All-American Football squad at Wabash College.
Recognized as a Rising Star in the Indiana Super Lawyers Magazine.
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Indiana Bar Association
Indianapolis Bar Association
Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
Defense Research Institute
- February 28, 2017, Summary Judgment GrantedTippecanoe Superior Court
Defense of negligence claim brought by a Plaintiff who asserted that she tripped and fell while walking into a restaurant.
- August 24, 2016, Summary JudgmentU.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
Defense of alleged failure to procure insurance coverage for a farm
- May 6, 2016, Judgment AffirmedIndiana Court of Appeals
Plaintiff appealed summary judgment in favor of defendant on claims of negligence and products liability. Summary Judgment affirmed.
- Ragsdale v. City of FisherMay 4, 2016, Motion to Dismiss Amended Complaint and Motion for Attorney’s Fees GrantedHamilton Cty., IN
Defense of intentional infliction of emotion distress
- Truck Pro Equipment Sales, Inc. v. Insurance Professionals of New Palestine, Inc.April 11, 2016, Summary Judgment in favor of DefendantHancock
Negligent failure to procure worker’s compensation insurance.
- March 10, 2016, Judgment AffirmedIndiana Court of Appeals
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment denying injunctive relief in breach of contract, defamation case
- Julie Ragsdale v. City of FishersDecember 21, 2015, Motion to Dismiss GrantedHamilton
Defense of intentional infliction of emotion distress claim
- Erika Jagger Deheer v. Ray’s Trash Service and Rehrig Pacific HoldingsNovember 25, 2015, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedHendricks County, Indiana
Defense of Negligence and Products Liability claim
- Employee v. Indianapolis Public LibraryOctober 20, 2015, Finding For DefendantIMEO – EEOC
Defense of Employment Discrimination Claim
- Jamie Glass v. Longhorn of Avon, Rare Hospitality International, Inc.October 2, 2015, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedHendricks County, Indiana
Defense of premises liability claim
- Grzeskiewicz v. Inspections First, et al.July 1, 2015, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedAllen County, Indiana
Defense of breach of contract and E&O claim against home inspector
- Estate of Willette v. Munster Community Hospital, et al.May 13, 2015, Motion to Dismiss GrantedLake County, Indiana
Defense of medical malpractice claim against critical care physicians
- Bertucci v. Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.April 17, 2015, Motion to Dismiss GrantedWhite County, Indiana
Defense of negligent commercial transportation claim
- Kunda v. Community Behavioral PavilionMarch 26, 2015, Motion to Dismiss GrantedHamilton Cty., IN
Defense of medical malpractice claim against psychiatrists
- Lewis Brothers Bakeries v. Alex SkoczekJanuary 19, 2015, Favorable JudgementSt. Joseph County, Indiana
Prosecution of Negligence Claim
- Robert Lane v. Paul Hunter, et al.October 29, 2014, Motion to Dismiss GrantedMarion County, IN
Defense of legal malpractice claim
- Press Release, February 16, 2017
- Logan C. Hughes and Nicholas G. Brunette Selected as 2016 “Rising Stars” by Indiana Super Lawyers MagazinePress Release, February 12, 2016
- Press Release, September 30, 2015
- Press Release, February 13, 2015
- Press Release, February 2, 2015
- Logan Hughes Named Chair of Drug & Medical Device; Brian Lee Named Co-Chair of Commercial LitigationPress Release, January 23, 2015
- Public Relations, March 12, 2014
- Wrongful Death TrinitySchaumburg, IL, December 4, 2015
- Different Death and Different Damages in Illinois Tort SystemZurich Major Case Unit, Schaumburg, IL, December 4, 2015
- Intentional Intrusions Of Patient-Privacy May Be Pursued Under A Theory Of General Medical Negligence In IndianaBy Logan HughesApril 1, 2015
- By Logan HughesMarch 18, 2015
- May 20, 2014
- Indiana Decision Raises Questions as to the Validity of Family Members’ Promises to Pay for Residents’ TreatmentMay 7, 2014