- Intern, United States Attorneys Office for the Southern District of Indiana at Indianapolis
J.D., University of Kentucky College of Law, cum laude, 2011
- Kentucky Law Journal, Staff Editor, 2008-2011
B.A., University of Kentucky, magna cum laude, 2007
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2011
- State of Indiana, 2013
I am driven by my desire to see my clients succeed.
Based in in Reminger Co., LPA's Louisville office, Lauren concentrates her practice in the areas of business and commercial litigation, defending and trying cases on behalf of product manufacturers, construction companies, engineers, transportation and trucking companies, premises owners and primary and excess insurers in catastrophic injury, and wrongful death cases. Lauren also practices in the areas of directors and officers liability, workers' compensation and employment litigation, defending public and private employers in discrimination, retaliation, and wrongful discharge claims.
Prior to graduating from the University of Kentucky College of Law, Lauren was an intern in the United States Attorneys Office for the Southern District of Indiana at Indianapolis. She assisted federal prosecutors, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Drug Enforcement Administration in prosecuting violations of federal criminal and civil law primarily in the areas of federal drug and fraud crimes.
She is licensed to practice in the state and federal courts of Indiana and is also a member of Reminger's Indianapolis office.
Honors & Recognitions
Kentucky District Judges Association Scholarship, 2008-2011
Recognized as Rising Star in Kentucky Super Lawyers Magazine
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Kentucky Bar Association
-Young Lawyers Section
Fayette County Bar Association
Kentucky Defense Council
- February 10, 2014, Motion to Dismiss GrantedUSDC - Eastern KY
Defense of sexual harassment and discriminatory retaliation employment practices claim
- January 23, 2014, Summary Judgment GrantedUSDC, Central KY
Defense of products liability personal injury claim in employment environment.
- December 19, 2013, AffirmedKentucky Supreme Court
Defense of action for per diem penalties pursuant to KRS 382.365. Court of Appeals reversed trial court judgment in favor of Plaintiff and granted judgment for CitiFinancial. Supreme Court affirmed.
- Jaclyn Geier v. Richmond Bowling and Entertainment Center, LLC d/b/a Galaxy CenterOctober 18, 2012, Favorable OutcomeMadison County, KY
Defense of liquor liability personal injury and punitive damage claim
- August 31, 2012, Reversed and RemandedFayette Cty., KY Court of Appeals
Citifinancial appealed adverse trial court judgment finding plaintiffs notice of release of lien sufficient in triggering liability.
- Kevin Tucker, et al. v. WinnebagoMay 15, 2012, Defense VerdictFayette County, KY
Defense of product liability personal injury and property damage claim
- O’Neil Dishon, et al. v. Equity One, Inc. and American General Financial Services, Inc.February 10, 2012, Judgment AffirmedKentucky Appellate Court
Plaintiffs appealed adverse trial court judgment in creditor rights and liability claim involving disclosure of liens to borrower.
- Press Release, December 6, 2017
- Press Release, November 18, 2016
- Press Release, November 23, 2015
- Press Release, February 2, 2015
- Press Release, November 24, 2014
- Selection Includes 30 Super Lawyers and 16 Rising Stars Across Ohio and KentuckyPress Release, December 5, 2013
- Press Release, January 9, 2012
- Crash Course in Employment Law, the ADA, FMLA and Workers’ CompensationLouisville Bar Association, Louisville, KY, December 9, 2017
- Lexington, KY, October 18, 2012
- Common Legal Issues Impacting Homeowners Liability Claims in KentuckyBluegrass Claims Association - Lexington, KY, October 18, 2012
- By Thomas R. Wolf and Lauren D. LunsfordRetail and Hospitality Practice Group E-Newsletter, July 7, 2014
- Kentucky Strengthens Employers Right to Terminate Employees who Engage in Protected Activities to Avoid DischargeReminger Employment Practices Newsletter - Spring 2013, April 15, 2013
- Kentucky Governmental/Public Entity Liability MonographClient Tools and Resources, November 13, 2012
- Fraud, Fools, and Phishing: Mail Fraud and the Person of Ordinary Prudence in the Internet Age99 Ky.L.J. 379 (2011), 2011