J.D. Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, magna cum laude, 2014
- Captain, Member—Trial Advocacy Team 2012-2014
- Research Editor—Cleveland State Law Review 2012-2014
- Secretary—Health Law Society 2012-2014
B.S., The Ohio State University, 2010
- State of Ohio, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2015
My goal is to help my clients achieve their goals. I use my creativity, passion, and compassion to assist my clients in achieving the best possible result.
Katie joined Reminger in January 2013, and practices in our Sandusky and Cleveland offices. She focuses her practice on Professional Liability and Medical Malpractice. She also has experience in Employment Law and Retail/Hospitality. She has experience handling all aspects of litigation, including pleadings & motion practice, discovery, research, alternative dispute resolution, and trial.
Katie graduated magna cum laude from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, while serving as Captain of the Trial Advocacy Team, Secretary of the Health Law Society, and as Research Editor for the Cleveland State Law Review. Since graduation, she has served as an Adjunct Professor for Cleveland-Marshall’s Trial Advocacy Team.
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Ohio State Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Ohio Women’s Bar Association
- July 27, 2017, Dismissal grantedCuyahoga County
Defense of a Condominium Association and Board from a claim of breach of fiduciary duty brought by Plaintiff Owners who asserted improper reserve funding.
- March 30, 2017, Summary Judgment GrantedLake County Court of Common Pleas
Defense of an insurance agent from a claim of declaratory judgment brought by a Plaintiff who asserted that she should have been the only beneficiary on a life insurance policy.
- Annie Masimo v. Dairyland Insurance Company, et al.February 28, 2017, Motion to Dismiss GrantedCleveland Municipal Court, Cuyahoga County
Defense of an ambulance company from claims of negligence arising out of a motor vehicle accident
- Telian v. LPL Financial, LLC and Frank Congemi, FINRA No. 16-01326February 22, 2017, Dismissal of All ClaimsFINRA Arbitration
Defense of a broker-dealer and broker against claims of unsuitability, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, and negligence brought by a former client
- Yvonne Jones v. T.G.I. FridaysJanuary 17, 2017, Summary Judgment GrantedCuyahoga County
Defense of a restaurant from a claim of negligence brought by a Plaintiff who asserted she slipped and fell
- P. Schweizer v. R. Palutsis, MDOctober 28, 2016, Defense VerdictStark
Defense of orthopedic surgery malpractice claim
- K. Beck v. M. Freeman, D.O., et al.March 27, 2015, Defense VerdictSummit
- Press Release, November 14, 2014
- Newsletter, December 16, 2016
- Employers May Need to Offer Accommodations to Job Applicants & Employees Even If They Do Not Ask for an AccommodationFall 2016 Employment Practices Liability Newsletter, October 26, 2016
- Reminger Co., LPA Retail & Hospitality Newsletter Winter 2015, February 10, 2015