J.D. Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, magna cum laude, 2014
- Captain, Member—Trial Advocacy Team 2012-2014
- Research Editor—Cleveland State Law Review 2012-2014
- Secretary—Health Law Society 2012-2014
B.S., The Ohio State University, 2010
- State of Ohio, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2015
My goal is to help my clients achieve their goals, using creative solutions in a cost-efficient manner to achieve the best possible result.
Located in Reminger Co., LPA’s Cleveland office, Katie focuses her practice on professional liability and financial services litigation. Katie joined Reminger as a law clerk in January, 2013 and has worked in a wide variety of practice groups since. She has experience handling all aspects of litigation, including pleadings & motion practice, discovery, research, alternative dispute resolution, and trial.
Katie graduated magna cum laude from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 2014, while serving as Captain of the Trial Advocacy Team, Secretary of the Health Law Society, and as Research Editor for the Cleveland State Law Review. Since graduation, she has served as an Adjunct Professor for Cleveland-Marshall’s Trial Advocacy Team.
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Ohio State Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Ohio Women’s Bar Association
- March 30, 2017, Summary Judgment GrantedLake County Court of Common Pleas
Defense of an insurance agent from a claim of declaratory judgment brought by a Plaintiff who asserted that she should have been the only beneficiary on a life insurance policy.
- Annie Masimo v. Dairyland Insurance Company, et al.February 28, 2017, Motion to Dismiss GrantedCleveland Municipal Court, Cuyahoga County
Defense of an ambulance company from claims of negligence arising out of a motor vehicle accident
- Telian v. LPL Financial, LLC and Frank Congemi, FINRA No. 16-01326February 22, 2017, Dismissal of All ClaimsFINRA Arbitration
Defense of a broker-dealer and broker against claims of unsuitability, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, and negligence brought by a former client
- Yvonne Jones v. T.G.I. FridaysJanuary 17, 2017, Summary Judgment GrantedCuyahoga County
Defense of a restaurant from a claim of negligence brought by a Plaintiff who asserted she slipped and fell
- P. Schweizer v. R. Palutsis, MDOctober 28, 2016, Defense VerdictStark
Defense of orthopedic surgery malpractice claim
- K. Beck v. M. Freeman, D.O., et al.March 27, 2015, Defense VerdictSummit
- Press Release, November 14, 2014
- Newsletter, December 16, 2016
- Fall 2016 Employment Practices Liability Newsletter, October 26, 2016
- Reminger Co., LPA Retail & Hospitality Newsletter Winter 2015, February 10, 2015