J.D., Indiana University, Robert H. McKinney School of Law, cum laude, 2013
-Moot Court Society, Order of the Barristers
B.B.A., University of Notre Dame, 2007
- State of Indiana, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2016
Every task I undertake as a lawyer is an opportunity to exceed my client's expectations. I best serve my clients by listening to their needs before offering advice, and by addressing each problem thoughtfully, skillfully, and efficiently. I feel extraordinarily blessed to practice law, and I am always mindful that it is my clients who enable me to do so.
Houston practices in Reminger's Indianapolis office where he defends clients in federal and state court litigation. He is experienced defending clients in lawsuits alleging personal injury, wrongful death, products liability, property damage, civil rights violations, and employment discrimination. He has experience in all stages of litigation from dispute to resolution and has achieved numerous favorable results for his clients. Houston also advises clients on insurance coverage questions, commercial contracts, and employment matters including the FLSA, FMLA, ADA, and OSHA.
Houston is a 2007 graduate of the University of Notre Dame (2007) and recipient of the Tara K. Deutsch Award, "awarded to the accounting senior who has shown exemplary social consciousness and devotion to efforts to give hope to the less fortunate." Houston resides in Indianapolis with his family, is a member of Christ the King Catholic Church, and is an avid Notre Dame football and Butler basketball fan.
Honors & Recognitions
Moot Court Order of the Barristers
Moot Court National Competition Teams
University of Notre Dame, Tara K. Deutsch Award, 2007
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
American Bar Association
Indiana State Bar Association
Indianapolis Bar Association
D.A.R.E. of Indiana, Board of Directors
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
-Tax Return Preparer
Notre Dame Law Club of Indianapolis
-Advisory Committee Member
- Christopher Dyer v. Thorntons Inc.February 27, 2018, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedU.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, Indianapolis Division
Defense of convenience store in premises liability case alleging slip and fall on ice resulting in personal injuries.
- Press Release, February 24, 2017
- By Houston HumMay 1, 2018
- Objective Foreseeability: Indiana Continues to Broaden the Foreseeability Analysis in Premises Liability CasesBy Houston A. Hum and Nicholas G. BrunetteJuly 26, 2017