J.D., Northern Kentucky University — Salmon P. Chase College of Law, 2010
B.A., University of Kentucky, 2006
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 2010
- State of West Virginia, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of West Virginia, 2011
I focus on providing creative and efficient resolutions to the problems that my clients face. Recognizing that the litigation process can be stressful, I pledge to do my best to obtain not just an objectively good result, but a subjectively great outcome for my client.
Danielle defends business owners and employers facing claims of general liability, professional negligence, and employment negligence. She focuses her legal practice primarily in the areas of employment, medical malpractice, nursing home litigation, and professional liability defense. She is also experienced in handling the defense of trucking liability, products liability, premises liability, workers’ compensation, and retail and hospitality matters.
Danielle represents clients at all levels of litigation and appeal in both state and federal courts, as well as in arbitrations. She leverages her attention to detail in the myriad services she provides her clients, including the conducting of depositions and the crafting of persuasive briefs.
Danielle started her legal career as a law clerk with Reminger. After joining another Louisville firm and focusing on long-term care defense, Danielle returned to Reminger in 2016 and now has shareholder status with the firm.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as a Rising Star by Kentucky Super Lawyers Magazine
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Kentucky Bar Association
West Virginia Bar Association
Louisville Bar Association, Member
- Young Lawyer’s Section, Chair (2013)
- Litigation Section, Vice-Chair (2016)
- LBA Leadership Academy, Graduate (2013)
Kentucky Defense Counsel, Inc.
Defense Research Institute
Louisville Youth Choir, Board Member
Fund for the Arts, NeXt! Leadership Academy Graduate
Big Brothers Big Sisters, Volunteer Big Sister
- Press Release, January 4, 2018
- Press Release, December 6, 2017
- Press Release, November 18, 2016
- Press Release, November 11, 2016
- The Kentucky Civil Rights ActLouisville Bar Association, Louisville, KY, December 9, 2017
- Louisville Bar Association 'Bar Briefs', June 2018
- Don't Throw Anything Away: Kentucky Supreme Court Modifies Burden Relating to Missing Evidence InstructionsKentucky Bar Association website, April 12, 2012
- Why the “New ADA” Requires an Individualized Inquiry as to What Qualifies as a “Major Life Activity,” 37 N. KY. L. REV. 4, 441 (2010)2010
- Finally, a Win for Long-Term Care Facilities: United States Supreme Court Invalidates Kentucky Rule Singling Out Arbitration AgreementsBy: Danielle J. LewisMay 31, 2017
- Mississippi District Court Halts Implementation of New CMS Rule Banning Use of Arbitration Agreements in Long-Term Care FacilitiesBy: Danielle LewisNovember 15, 2016