J.D. with Distinctions, Thomas M. Cooley Law School, 2007
B.A. in Education, Purdue University, 1999
- State of Indiana, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2008
My clients are my highest priority. Helping them resolve problems is one of the most fulfilling things I do as an attorney. Every issue is unique. Every person is unique. That’s what makes practicing law so incredibly rewarding.
Codie practices in Reminger's Fort Wayne office. He is experienced in all aspects of litigation, including trial, and has defended clients in general casualty, professional liability, construction liability, premises liability, personal injury, and wrongful death cases. Codie’s expertise also includes bail bond and surety law, education law, and general insurance defense.
Codie has written legal articles that have been featured in Indiana Lawyer and other publications. He has also lectured on a variety of topics including bail and surety law, premises liability, and general insurance defense matters. He is a member of the Allen County and Indiana State Bar Association. He is also an active member of the Defense Research Institute and the Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana. Additionally, Codie has volunteered his time to a number of local youth sports programs in his hometown of Auburn, Indiana.
Prior to joining Reminger, Codie practiced as a civil litigation attorney in Fort Wayne. He spent the first decade of his career as a teacher for DeKalb Central Schools.
Honors & Recognitions
Group Dekko Award for Teaching Excellence (2002 and 2005)
Fort Wayne Business Weekly’s Top 40 Under 40 (2010)
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Defense Research Institute
Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
Auburn Elks BPOE 1978
-Governmental Relations Chair
- Rene McCullar v. American Asset Management Services, Inc.November 16, 2017, Defense VerdictMarion County, IN
Defense of premises liability claim
- Jewel Evans v. Planet Fit Indy 10, LLC and Muncie Planet, LLC d/b/a Planet FitnessJune 16, 2017, Summary JudgmentDelaware County, IN
Defense of retail and hospitality personal injury claim arising from a gym member’s trip and fall over the electrical cable housing positioned in front of a row of treadmills.
- Jennifer Cameron v. Georgetown Members, LLC et. al.March 20, 2017, Summary JudgmentAllen County, Indiana
Defense of personal injury claim arising from an invitee alleging to have tripped and fallen on landscape feature of client’s business property
- Kristi Johnson v. Planet Fit Indy 10 et. al.September 20, 2016, Won on Defense Motion to DismissMarion County, IN
Defense of retail and hospitality personal injury / invasion of privacy claim arising from a third party contractor alleged to have watched business invitee while she changed clothes in dressing room
- Richard and Debbie Hall v. Pamela WatkinsAugust 17, 2011, Defense VerdictAllen County, Indiana
Defense of personal injury claim arising from a motorcycle-car accident requiring expert analysis and accident scene reconstruction
- Press Release, March 17, 2016
- 2017 Indiana Bail and Recovery Agent SeminarThe Impact of New Criminal Trial Rule 26 / Indiana Code 27-10-2-12: Late Surrender Fees and Bond ForfeituresLee Sexton, Fort Wayne, IN, July 19, 2017
- New Changes in Indiana’s Criminal Rule 26 and Late Surrender Fees in Bond ProceedingsAmerican Bonding Company, Fort Wayne, IN, July 17, 2017
- Indiana Supreme Court Finds Negligent Hiring Claims Are Improper When Employers Admit Employee Was Acting Within Scope Of EmploymentBy Codie RossNovember 21, 2017
- By Codie RossOctober 23, 2017
- Minor Golf Cart Collision on Indiana Courses Considered “Ordinary Behavior” and an Inherent Risk in the Game of GolfBy Codie J. Ross, Esq.February 20, 2017
- Indiana Court of Appeals Allows Negligent Hiring Claim Despite Admission that Employee Acted Within Scope of EmploymentBy Codie J. Ross, Esq.January 4, 2017
- Indiana Court of Appeals Finds that Post-Accident Reports Do Not Constitute Subsequent Remedial MeasuresBy Codie J. RossAugust 23, 2016
- By Codie J. Ross and Rafael P. McLaughlinMarch 16, 2016