J.D., Ohio Northern University, Graduation with Distinction, 2011
-Symposium Editor, Ohio Northern Law Review, 2010-2011
B.A., English, University of North Florida, Summa Cum Laude, 2007
- State of Ohio, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2012
My father always advised "be sure you're right, and then go ahead." It is with this attitude of preparation and dedication that I approach every legal problem I face so that I can effectively and efficiently represent my clients' interests.
Acacia’s legal practice includes both litigation and transactional matters. On the litigation side, Acacia defends hospitals and physicians in numerous specialties as well as skilled nursing and assisted living facilities. On the transactional side, Acacia focuses on distribution agreements, business, and intellectual property matters for craft breweries.
Acacia is shareholder in Reminger’s Columbus office, and has litigated cases in state and federal court throughout Ohio. She has experience handling all aspects of litigation, including pre-suit investigation, pleadings, discovery, motion practice, trial preparation and trial.
Acacia graduated with distinction from Ohio Northern University’s law school, and served as the Law Review Symposium Editor from 2010-2011. During law school, Acacia clerked for an insurance defense law firm and worked as a judicial extern for the Southern District of Ohio for the honorable Gregory L. Frost and also as a judicial extern for the Ohio Third District Court of Appeals for the honorable Richard Rogers.
Aside from her legal practice, Acacia serves as Co-Chair of Reminger's Women's Leadership Council, and is active in the legal community as a member of the Columbus Bar Association, Ohio Women's Bar Association, and the Women Lawyers of Franklin County. Additionally, she is on the board of directors of Ohio’s first certified B-Corp. brewery, Commonhouse Ales. Acacia is originally from Pataskala, Ohio, where her family operates a large horse farm. Acacia continues to participate in the equine industry as an active rider with the United States Equestrian Federation.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Columbus Bar Association
Ohio Women's Bar Association
Women Lawyers of Franklin County
United States Equestrian Federation
-Member and Active Rider
4word Columbus, a 501(c)(3) faith based organization for professional women
My Sister's Place, a 501(c)(3) created to provide safe and sober housing for women in transition
-Former Member of Board of Directors
- J. Horne, et al., v. D. Jensen, DMDOctober 13, 2016, Defense VerdictFranklin
Defense of dental malpractice
- Press Release, June 15, 2017
- Press Release, May 22, 2017
- Press Release, March 24, 2015
- Top 15 Legal Pitfalls for Breweries in Trademarks, Secrets and Non-CompetesOhio Craft Brewers Association Meeting, Cleveland, OH, January 25, 2017
- Trademarks, Trade Secrets and Non CompetesOhio Craft Brewers’ Association’s Annual Meeting, Columbus, OH, June 7, 2016
- Ohio Landlord Tenant Law, ADA and Fair Housing Act – Fundamentals for Property ManagersShowe Management Corp., Worthington, OH, March 10, 2016
- Navigating Trademark LawOhio Craft Brews Association Annual Meeting, Dayton, OH, February 3, 2016
- The Employer and Employee Estate Planning BenefitsBudenheim USA, Inc., Columbus, OH, October 28, 2015
- Columbus Bar Lawyers Quarterly, July 2016
- By Acacia M. Perko, Esq.March 29, 2016
- By Acacia PerkoOctober 26, 2015